QBs that could be available for 2021 (1 Viewer)

WhoDat_SB44

Pimpin' Ain't Breesy!
Reaction score
Just saw a hypothetical list of QBs that could possibly be available on ESPN’s NFL Live that Schefter tweeted and it’s a ton. I added some free agents as well. We may have lucked into a good year to be looking for a veteran QB. Some of these guys may not be available, but maybe so.

I’m just going off my likeness of the QB and ability

1. Aaron Rodgers - will he demand a trade after the terrible decision to not go for the TD on 4th down and drafting a QB in the 1st last year? If so I may jump especially with our roster.
2. Deshaun Watson - already demanded a trade. I’d take him
3. Dak Prescott - think the Cowboys end up paying him
4. Mathew Stafford - he’s already demanded a trade. I’d take him
5. Jimmy G - the relationship has soured some I think
6. Carson Wentz - too much money for mediocrity, but he has talent to work with
7. Jared Goff - too much money for ok talent
8. Derek Carr - not the biggest fan, but he can play
9. Big Ben - too old for my liking especially since we just had an old one
10. Sam Darnold - interesting but since they don’t have the top pick they may stick with him
11. Jameis Winston - I like him a lot if he would sign a cheap deal for a few years
12. Teddy B- don’t know why he was on there but guess Carolina has buyer remorse?
13. Mitch Trubisky - has some talent. Got 13-16 in about the same boat.
14. Marcus Mariotta
15. Gardner Minshew
16. Jacoby Brissett
17. Nick Foles - too much money
18. Cam Newton - no thanks
19. Andy Dalton - maybe on a cheap deal to be a backup to Taysom if that’s the way we go
20. Ryan Fitzpatrick - see Dalton

Rodgers would be amazing. Watson would be amazing. Prescott would be really nice. Stafford would be ok but injury history, would rather keep Winston.

I dont really see a way we get any of these qbs though other than Winston maybe.

Forget Stafford, he does not want to be corralled into a re-building year, look for him to go to Denver, Washington, Indianapolis or Jets!

I'd think the idea of going to a constant contender, who's won their division 4 times in a row, but fell short in the playoffs due to a limited offense would be intriguing, personally. Playing for one of the greatest offensive minds behind a good o-line. I mean, sounds like a perfect match if you ask me. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think this re-building talk you speak of is going to be as dramatic as it's made out to be. There might be a few surprise trades and cutting some dead weight, but I seriously doubt we are going to have a fire sale of players, which would usually happen in your typical re-build.

You actually think those landing spots are more attractive for a vet QB??

Yeah. Why would he come to New Orleans and play behind a good O Line, throw to one of the best WRs in football, and play with one of the best backs in the league? Oh and now the defense is good. I'm sure he'd prefer Washington or Denver. I know I would.

But to the OPs point, yeah it looks like a good time to need a vet, bridge type QB. I saw Jimmy G listed. He was supposed to be really good. What happened there? All hype?

We know CSP knows how to work with an accurate not super strong arm QB.
I haven’t watched him enough to comment on arm strength but I do notice he has done a good enough job with some mediocre surrounding talent. He will probably come cheap, keep us competitive and unlike some of the other scenarios getting him would be believable. I have seen him enough to think he can be pretty good at spreading the ball around and our system looks to be a good fit.

Whatever QB Jacksonville gets in the draft they are going to be under pressure to start him day 1 and I think they will. I guess the thing there will be if they think he is good enough to sit the bench and keep his mouth shut in case things really go in the crapper with the rookie and he is a good security blanket for them.

I haven’t watched him enough to comment on arm strength but I do notice he has done a good enough job with some mediocre surrounding talent. He will probably come cheap, keep us competitive and unlike some of the other scenarios getting him would be believable. I have seen him enough to think he can be pretty good as spreading the ball around and our system looks to be a good fit.

Whatever QB Jacksonville gets in the draft they are going to be under pressure to start him day 1 and I think they will. I guess the thing there will be if they think he is good enough to sit the bench and keep his mouth shut in case things really go in the crapper with the rookie and he is a good security blanket for them.

I like Gardner Minshew. He doesn't have the strongest arm, he's not an ideal QB height (6'1"/225lbs), but his accurate and he's a leader. Have we heard that before? Yeah, I'd get on the Minshew Mania train if CSP decided he was the guy. I wanted him coming out of college.

Wow crazy timing on this post. A good way to check my list. I'm happy with it for the most part. A lot more possibilities here but each somewhat established QB opens another team into the QB market.

I like Gardner Minshew. He doesn't have the strongest arm, he's not an ideal QB height (6'1"/225lbs), but his accurate and he's a leader. Have we heard that before? Yeah, I'd get on the Minshew Mania train if CSP decided he was the guy. I wanted him coming out of college.
Just for the sake of the discussion.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom