QB's (your first guess) for the final 53... (1 Viewer)

ndcc

Saints' fan 4ever
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sad to leave NOLA to AZ; going into ministry
Behind Brees, what do you see as the depth on our chart?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tY1U5l4uGKA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jaoH7RB3T2s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/UReZqIsH6p8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I really like Ryan Griffin, but there must have been something the coaching staff had questions about.

Or, is there an outside chance that McCown has spoken with the FO behind the scenes about moving elsewhere? Until that happens, I see:

1. McCown
2. Grayson (you don't put a draft choice that high on the P/S)

Payton makes some calls around the league to help Griffin sign with another team.

:gosaints:

I see it Griffin #2, Grayson #3, McCown out. $ have to be cheaper for those two than any McCown combo. And, if you believe Griffin has progressed from year to year, it makes more sense to drop McCown. That and if God forbid the worst happens, McCown will still be waiting by the phone, Griffin still has potential for someone.

We should really just have one back up QB. Drew played every offensive down last year and the year before.

I think we go with Brees and Grayson on the active roster and Griffin on the PS. Protect our 3rd round pick and free up a roster spot instead of putting three on the active roster. McCown is the odd man out and we hope he doesn't get picked up in case we need him.

I think we go with Brees and Grayson on the active roster and Griffin on the PS. Protect our 3rd round pick and free up a roster spot instead of putting three on the active roster. McCown is the odd man out and we hope he doesn't get picked up in case we need him.
Sounds about right.

What are the PS eligibility rules?

I think it's more probable that mccown is on the team than griffin. I mean grayson is a rook, i doubt they'd want another inexperienced player if they wanted to keep 3 qbs (which i hope they won't do). Mccown makes more sense imo

I know Grayson is being deemed the heir apparent, Butright now Griffin is the better QB. And it really is a battle between him and McCown at number two. Grayson (till he proves otherwise) is the third QB

We won't risk putting Grayson on PS, he would get signed by another team. Only way he isn't on the team is he goes to IR. Griffin hasn't been able to unseat Luke since joining the team, the question is will this be the year he does it.

We won't risk putting Grayson on PS, he would get signed by another team. Only way he isn't on the team is he goes to IR. Griffin hasn't been able to unseat Luke since joining the team, the question is will this be the year he does it.

Should be.... Griffin had the better camp last year, McCown had a slightly better preseason. The key is that if Griffin continues to develop as he has, you just don't throw away a solid young QB for a 34 year old career backup.

Scenarios to consider:

Brees goes down (God forbid)...

A.) early in the season. Do you keep and stick with the vet backup and still hope for the best? Do you keep and insert Griffin, hope he does well, and raise his value for trade purposes? Do you throw the rookie in and see what he's got?

B.)late in the season when there still a chance for play-offs or better. Do you keep and stick with the vet backup and still hope for the best? Do you keep and insert Griffin, hope he does well, and raise his value for trade purposes? Do you throw the rookie in and see what he's got?

I'm thinking we keep Griffin instead of Mccown.

I really don't think the team spends a 3rd round pick on a QB if they thought RG was a keeper... This says to me it's probably going to be the vet and the the rookie...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom