Quantam levitation - very cool! (1 Viewer)

reverse

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ws6AAhTw7RA?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ws6AAhTw7RA?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

That's awesome. I wonder if the cost of cooling a significant amount of liquid nitrogen would make it economically feasible to use this on trains.

That's awesome. I wonder if the cost of cooling a significant amount of liquid nitrogen would make it economically feasible to use this on trains.

My uncle was on a team that was developing the technology for the electromagnetic train system in Japan. Though I am sure the process is quiet different, it seems like it would be more cost effective than freezing things with liquid nitrogen.

My uncle was on a team that was developing the technology for the electromagnetic train system in Japan. Though I am sure the process is quiet different, it seems like it would be more cost effective than freezing things with liquid nitrogen.

...but not nearly as cool .

liquid nitrogen train > regular , boring floaty train .

Liquid nitrogen train suspended UNDER the tracks > regular, boring floaty train ABOVE the tracks.

Altho, safety could be an issue. :idunno:

Is it really levitation if it hangs from under the track?

quantum suspension train > quantum levitation train > regular, boring floaty train

quantum suspension train > quantum levitation train > regular, boring floaty train

Where does the Hot Wheels Track fit in and bacon whle you're at it?

The presenter kept telling the interviewer that it's quantum locking, but he wasn't listening (I guess).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom