Quantum Leap Reboot/Sequel Series (1 Viewer)

Since everything is a gritty reboot
=======================

Details about top secret project Quantum Leap are leaked to the public

Time travel is real?!

It's been real and has been used for decades?!

ALL. HELL. BREAKS. LOOSE

People are grateful - "You mean I was supposed to be kidnapped and murdered?"

People are livid - "You mean I was supposed to marry Sally and have kids? You stole my family!"

Anti-Leapers - "Who are you to play God and decide who gets saved?"

Pro-Leapers - "God is the one leaping Sam around"

Conspiracy theories run rampant

"Dr. Beckett leapt into Lee Harvey Oswald?! He killed JFK??!!" (Yes, he was Oswald but leapt out right before the shot)

Ziggy is a sentient A.I. living in the internet - turned into a cross between Skynet, Ultron and HAL

Every good or bad thing that happened in America since Sam's birth attributed to one of his leaps

People want to take over and use the program:

Some for the greater good - "We can stop 9-11 from happening!"

Some for their own personal good - "I can save my spouse/parent/sibling/child!"

Some for their own personal greed - "I can buy Amazon stock when it was a dollar a share", "I can bet everything I own on the Falcons blowing 28-3"

Some have much more sinister goals

With death threats and attacks the Quantum Leap team has to go on the run with their equipment

In the original run, you rarely saw any scenes set in the future (present?), and those were mostly in the waiting room and that wasn't even until the last season or two

In the new series the show is much more balanced between the 'leap' with the new leaper and observer and drama going on in the present (future?)

I honestly don't know if I'd be interested in watching my own concept or not

Last edited:
Pulling off an excellent & worthy reboot/sequel may be like juggling chainsaws through a minefield while blindfolded

But it's certainly possible

Last edited:
It would be neat to do a little cross leaping - the leap into someone who is near to one of Sam leaps (recreate the original episode - but they can't interfere - which is something I wanted then to do in the original run 2 Sams, and 2 Al's)
This reminded me on an idea I had during the original run I'd forgotten about

Sam leaps into someone who is involved with the Quantum Leap project and it's only a few days before the first leap - the thing he's there to fix has nothing to do with the project itself

"Real" Sam can't see "Leap" Sam, he just sees whoever he leaped into, but "Real" Sam can see "Hologram" Al (synched to his brainwaves)

"Real" Al can't see "Hologram" Al but he can see "Leap" Sam

Hijinks/Drama ensues

It would have to be someone at least middle aged, to give them more of a "leap canvas" to paint on. If they are 21/22, there isn't much there to work with.

Sam's initial leap was set in 1995 when he was 42 years old. If they went with that age and 2022 as the initial leap they would be able to leap all the way back to 1980.

If they did like the original and set it 6 years later than it actually is, so 2028 they'd be able to leap all the way back to 1986 a whole 3 years before the original show started airing.

im-feeling-old-right-now-leroy-brown.gif

This reminded me on an idea I had during the original run I'd forgotten about

Sam leaps into someone who is involved with the Quantum Leap project and it's only a few days before the first leap - the thing he's there to fix has nothing to do with the project itself

"Real" Sam can't see "Leap" Sam, he just sees whoever he leaped into, but "Real" Sam can see "Hologram" Al (synched to his brainwaves)

"Real" Al can't see "Hologram" Al but he can see "Leap" Sam

Hijinks/Drama ensues

cross-eyed.gif

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom