Quantum Leap Reboot/Sequel Series (1 Viewer)

I am about half way through the first episode and it’s meh. The acting is terrible.
I recorded it and watched it last night. Yes the acting is bad. I managed to get through the whole episode and will give it 1 more before killing the series recording. But I don't have much hope Addison and Ian will up their acting game for episode 2.

I thought that when he leaped into someone, the leapee ended up in a waiting room while. I don't remember them addressing this in the episode, or maybe i missed it?

Watched the first episode

Didn’t love it

I’m not sure how I feel about there being so much more scenes in the present (future?)

Ernie Hudson is always a pleasure and I am looking forward to him becoming a bigger part (pretty sure he plays magic, the guy Sam leaped into in the Vietnam episode)

I hope a future episode has him talking about what that experience was like, and finding out that Tom was originally killed, and how he came to the new leap project

Huge part of show was the chemistry and humor between Sam and Al and I’m not seeing that yet

To be fair, whenever there is a reboot/sequel series the new premiere episode is being judged against the whole run of the show

Like most series it took a while for the Original show to find its footing, the first few episodes were kind of unpolished

So, I’ll keep watching and see if it gets better

Last edited:
Yeah Ernie is "Magic", at least that's what the name they call him by.

I watched the 2nd episode last night. To me, it was better than the 1st episode, though it did have a scene that was head-scratchingly stupid, but I'll give it until at least episode 3 since I'm recording it.

I watched the 1st episode, and that was enough for me.
Yeah it was rough. The 2nd was better. But turn it off when he’s in the cargo bay and needs to contact the Russians on Mir. Something really stupid happens and you may never forgive me.

Quantum Leap is taking a leap forward with its time on NBC’s schedule.

The rookie drama from showrunner Martin Gero has earned an additional order for six more episodes at the broadcast network, bringing its season one tally to 18 episodes.

Quantum Leap becomes the first freshman series of the 2022-23 broadcast season to extend its season…….

One difference this show is doing that the original did not, is puts more focus on whats going on in the current timeline. The original barely touched on that.

Gotta say, I'm enjoying the series much more than I thought I would

I'm definitely enjoying the present scenes at Project Quantum Leap. I never really thought much about what Al did when he wasn't with Sam, and what was going on behind the scenes, but now I'm wishing that was fleshed out a bit more

It appears that there is no waiting room with the person Sam leaped into, and Magic has no memory of his leap

I do like the Leaper X plotline but I thought that would have happened much later in the season, if not the season finale. I also thought that it would have dragged out much longer, they identified the guy in the next episode! I also thought they would mention the evil leaper from the original series, they never said where exactly she came from but there is a record of a second and separate leaper

Curious what going to happen with Al's daughter

Still want my crossover episode where Ben leaps into the same place and time as Sam

Just finished the season

It really grew on me

Some ham fisted afterschool special preachiness episodes (but there was in the original too)

I thought the season finale was great

Ready for season 2

and the actress playing Jenn is drop dead gorgeous

Hoping for a Sam reappearance in season 2

I'm happy some of you are happy with it. I gave up after three episodes.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom