Quarterbacks (1 Viewer)

Boudie123456

Practice Squad
Reaction score
With so many teams in need of a quarterback these days , wouldn't it beneficial to New Orleans to trade Teddy for a much needed draft pick next year. Teddy's ok . but not some one i believe is a QB 1 for the future. Taysom might not be it either, but, so much more upside than Teddy.

I’m sure the Saints will listen to offers, but Teddy and Taysom are good to have if Drew goes down or retires in the near future. Don’t give them away. So don’t offer them for a trade and only consider something Big in a trade.

Ok, I’ll bite!
How is it we need a pick so bad next year?
I guess I should ask what makes you think we need a round pick that Teddy would bring in so bad next year?

Teddy is basically insurance so Taysom can be our Swiss Army knife! Without the extra security it would then be stupid to risk Taysom to injury in which at that time we would be back to shopping for a good backup which would most likely cost us more then we got for Teddy!

This has been talked about for the last month at least though.

TBH I’m surprised Indy hasn’t tried to trade for Eli. While he’s not the greatest QB in the league, he has won 2 Super Bowls. I guess they have faith in Brissett. Other than the Colts I don’t know of any teams where Teddy would be such and improvement that they’d be willing to part with a high draft
Pick.

If you trade Teddy, you are also trading away Taysom's versatility....... so trading Teddy would be a horrible thing for the Saints to do. Taysom as the #2 QB means that he is no longer a swiss army knife.

This ^

If you trade away Bridgewater, you also trade away the 3rd TE, 4th RB, 7th WR, backup KR, and core STer.

You couldn't get anything better than a 6th round pick for Teddy.

He showed very little promise this preseason.

This ^

If you trade away Bridgewater, you also trade away the 3rd TE, 4th RB, 7th WR, backup KR, and core STer.

AGREED!!!

I PROMISE you, ALL the other NFL teams would LOVE to have a player with that kinda talent n versatility!

We haven’t even played a regular season down yet, but Taysom’s ability to play so many different positions, has already been invaluable! When the Saints made their personnel moves over the weekend, Taysoms versatility likely factored in, and gave the team some “wiggle room” in their decision making process!

That said, I liked what I saw in his development as a QB during preseason. He looked much more comfortable n confident in the pocket as a passer than last season.

So don’t be surprised if SP comes up with a new “trick play” for Hill this year, where he takes the snap, and with a 3 step drop, completes a 15-20 pass, that may well go for a TD!

The opposing D won’t have a clue!! ?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom