Quest for a new head coach, considering we are # 28 on total offense, # 7 on total defense (1 Viewer)

I am not worried about it, we do have over 16 games of Pete calling plays, and the offense worked fine under him.

And his background was working with Drew as a quarterbacks coach, actually, Drew brought him to the saints from San Diego. He became offensive coordinator until Doug Marrone left on 2009.
When you hang around 16 years, that tells me the organization thinks highly of you. Sure, he's a student of Payton. So what, I say? Even better. If anything, I'd rather give him the chance to see if he can help get the offense going again rather than instantly replace him, just for the sake of doing so. Truth is, we need more offensive talent more than anything. Let's get a decent QB signed or re-signed, a few weapons, and let Pete put his spin on what the offense should be, and then evaluate.

The offensive ranking last year is meaningless considering we had less than half the starters on the field most of the time.

Just sayin. Add JW and MT to this offense and off we go....just need the oline to get healthy....

If DA does get the head coaching job the only thing he needs to do is let Pete do his job with the offense....

If the Saints hire Dennis Allen as Head Coach, i would be happ ywith that. He could still run the defense which in our case would be vital. My concern would be, can Pete Carmichael be effective as the OC without having Payton calling the plays? If not,then a strong OC would have to be hired to replace him
Carmichael's first game calling the plays was the 62-7 Colts game.

I just hope it’s not one of those out of left field hires that we don’t see coming:

“The Saints have hired their next head coach… O’Stanley Jacobson, former Assistant Defensive Coordinator of the Ozark Mountaintoppers”. :shrug:

:hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom