Question about Derek Carr & Drew Brees (2 Viewers)

SaintsMan209

SB This year!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Hi all,

This might be a dumb question, and I totally get it if it is, but I am wondering, how much time will Brees and Carr spend together?

I think Carr is amazing but Drew Brees was on a whole other level. Brees knew how to attack opponent weakness and had incredible chemistry with his receivers. How many people did Brees make millionaires? (Graham, Colston, Meachem, Moore, Thomas, Henderson, etc). I wonder, if these two guys will devote one week just to sitting down, reviewing game film, and talking about strategies required to be the best of the best. I'm really concerned we think PC and Curry will be able to work well with Carr but we're in big trouble if the offense fails. I was so hyped last year about Winston and just don't want to go down that path again. I hope the beat writers and everyone in the building including Loomis is pushing for Brees and Carr to spend some time together. Bring in Thomas, Colston, Graham, Brees, Carr and have them sit down together and talk about what made them so great. How well they worked together and why. It was just Brees accuracy, it was ability to both read defenses and be on the same page.

Carr hasnt played a down and hasnt been properly evaluated by me yet. Drew Brees was GOD TIER his whole Time in NO. Audible into plays and personel groupings accordingly only thing he did I didnt like was get paid $20-30mil a year. I hope Carr is able to use the playbook without being limited

Carr is not Brees and it is best not have that expectations. Brees isn't going to come in and take his time to tutor someone who is been in the league for 9 seasons already. Carr needs to come in and win games. I am not expecting Brees like performance but the years of experiences and his physical abilities, he needs not to screw it up. I am a wait and see type of person. I am not jumping with excitement and getting all pump up. From looking a far, Carr has his hot and cold moments. But right now going forward, Carr needs to do what he needs to do to win games.

PC was Drew's QB coach going back to San Diego. He's the one that developed Drew into what he became. Drew was actually benched in San Diego at one point, so he didn't just start off as a HOF QB. I don't think that Pete could develop any QB into an elite QB, but I think that Carr has a lot of the traits that Drew did. I think Carr with Pete will better than most think.

Carr hasnt played a down and hasnt been properly evaluated by me yet. Drew Brees was GOD TIER his whole Time in NO. Audible into plays and personel groupings accordingly only thing he did I didnt like was get paid $20-30mil a year. I hope Carr is able to use the playbook without being limited
What you wanted GOD TIER performance at bargain pricing? Lol

You can bet Carr will be better than Winston... there is no comparison really. Winston was and still is a project. Carr is an established vet QB that can do everything from the position. You can definitely expect the offense to click more. DonĀ“t know if theyĀ“ll get back to Brees era forty burgers, but there is no reason to think the team canĀ“t go back to 25 plus points per game.

Hi all,

This might be a dumb question, and I totally get it if it is, but I am wondering, how much time will Brees and Carr spend together?

I think Carr is amazing but Drew Brees was on a whole other level. Brees knew how to attack opponent weakness and had incredible chemistry with his receivers. How many people did Brees make millionaires? (Graham, Colston, Meachem, Moore, Thomas, Henderson, etc). I wonder, if these two guys will devote one week just to sitting down, reviewing game film, and talking about strategies required to be the best of the best. I'm really concerned we think PC and Curry will be able to work well with Carr but we're in big trouble if the offense fails. I was so hyped last year about Winston and just don't want to go down that path again. I hope the beat writers and everyone in the building including Loomis is pushing for Brees and Carr to spend some time together. Bring in Thomas, Colston, Graham, Brees, Carr and have them sit down together and talk about what made them so great. How well they worked together and why. It was just Brees accuracy, it was ability to both read defenses and be on the same page.
I was actually going to ask the same question right after he signed thinking he would help out a little with DC getting the understanding of the play book, Pete, etc but I thought Iā€™d be laughed at for suggesting it.

You can bet Carr will be better than Winston... there is no comparison really. Winston was and still is a project. Carr is an established vet QB that can do everything from the position. You can definitely expect the offense to click more. DonĀ“t know if theyĀ“ll get back to Brees era forty burgers, but there is no reason to think the team canĀ“t go back to 25 plus points per game.
Agreed. Im pretty sure that like many folk on here. I been watching LOTSA Carrā€™s highlights since we signed him.

First, da ā€œbad newsā€. Drew has set a standard of play here that will be extremely difficult for ANY QB to duplicate! However, the ā€œgood newsā€ is we are more ā€œawareā€ about what ā€œgoodā€ QB play is about. And to THAT end, IMO, Derrick Carr checks off in many of these areas.

First of all, IMO, he CAN ā€œreadā€ defenses. Some say he wasnā€™t allowed to ā€œcheck outā€ presnap in LV, but Iā€™m confident Pete will ā€œgreen lightā€ him to do dat here.

Not only is he pretty accurate, but whether against zone or man, he also has nice ā€œball placementā€!

Oh, and BTW, he can STILL make ALL the throws! Watch this vid ( 6:23 mark) n see for yourself:

Not many QBs can drop a ā€œdimeā€ nearly 55 yds in da air AND on da run! But jus like the Da Boot podcaster, I also came away most impressed with Carrā€™s ā€œpocket presenceā€! Heā€™s pretty adept at avoiding pressure, while keeping his eyes downfield to find an open receiver!

Bottom line, we donā€™t NEED him to b DB9, jus the best DC4 heā€™s capable of bein!

And weā€™re GOOD!!! šŸ‘šŸ¾šŸ‘šŸ¾šŸ‘šŸ¾

This question brings up another for me.

Sean is known for having visitors to his teams. Will Drew be a Payton accomplice in Denver, or will he continue his association with the Saints? Will he try to be all things to all people? I'm not sure how I'd feel about him helping out Sean.

This question brings up another for me.

Sean is known for having visitors to his teams. Will Drew be a Payton accomplice in Denver, or will he continue his association with the Saints? Will he try to be all things to all people? I'm not sure how I'd feel about him helping out Sean.
Who does Brees pull for in a Saints vs Broncos Super Bowl?

I think Drew Brees bleeds black and gold way more than bleeding Sean Payton. I still wonder if towards the end there were some internal issues when Brees unretired. I wonder if Payton feels like it cost him some super bowls?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom