Question about Derek Carr & Drew Brees (1 Viewer)

I'll say this about Brees/Carr. I really liked Brees as a player when he was with San Diego. I thought he was very underrated and was ecstatic to get him when we did. I feel the exact same way about Carr. That said, I don't think Brees was the same player after he came to us. I believe the injury and the way San Diego cast him off solidified his resolve and focus and really drove him to dedicate himself to proving himself. Brees had all the skills & capability just like Carr does, but it took that shock of fear to really turn him into a HoF caliber QB. With Carr I see a lot of the same traits that I did with Brees and that's why I have a lot of hope that he can be very good for our team as well. But the elephant in the room is that Brees also had Payton to support him and I have yet to see Allen & PC bring anywhere close to that level of coaching. I do have hope and I believe Carr is MUCH better than what we've had since Drew left, but I also question whether we have the right support from a coaching standpoint to allow Carr to realize a similar level of success.

A lot of Carr wasn't allowed to audible etc... to me that's on Carr just as much as the coaches... if you wanna win you go and win.... don't leave room for regrets or excuses.... this is more a lack of leadership on Carr....

Yeah....I don't think it's really helpful to compare Carr and Brees here. Brees was still relatively young (starter for four seasons) when he came to New Orleans and was put into Sean Payton's historic offense. Carr has been starting for nine seasons and is not coming to a Sean Payton lead offense. I think we kind of know what we are getting with Carr...which is a good player that I'm excited about. But I'm not sure his game is going to get elevated to some new level just because he's joining our team.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom