Question about hooking up a wireless router (1 Viewer)

TheMike62987

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
OK, I want to hook up a wireless router to signal to my computer which has a wireless card built in it. I also want to plug my 360 ethernet directly into the modem at the same time. Is this possible? I don't want the 360 to be wireless for fear of lag, which I have no problem with when it's directly connected. I'm tired of switching out wires to play online, and my girlfriend is sick of going into the bedroom to watch television while I play.

yeah it's possible just go best buy and make sure you have match your wireless card code to the wireless router and don't get dyne routers they suck

Problem is I don't know what type of wireless card I have. It came built into the computer when I purchased it. I guess I could bring it to Best Buy, and they can recommend the best one for the type of computer and card I have. Thanks.

It doesn't really matter what kind of card you have. Most routers will run B & G, which is really all you need. I would waste your money on any kind of "speed booster" technology or "wireless N". I'd go for Netgear, DLink or Buffalo, and avoid Linksys.

OK, I want to hook up a wireless router to signal to my computer which has a wireless card built in it. I also want to plug my 360 ethernet directly into the modem at the same time. Is this possible? I don't want the 360 to be wireless for fear of lag, which I have no problem with when it's directly connected. I'm tired of switching out wires to play online, and my girlfriend is sick of going into the bedroom to watch television while I play.

Just buy a wireless router, your computer should work with anyone you buy. Use one of the ethernet ports on the back of the router, not the modem, for the x-box.

Can I go online with the computer via wireless while playing online via ethernet? I don't want it to mess with the signal. Do you know how to encrypt the signal as well. Don't want anyone stealing my signal.

Can I go online with the computer via wireless while playing online via ethernet? I don't want it to mess with the signal. Do you know how to encrypt the signal as well. Don't want anyone stealing my signal.

yes, if you have the xbox wired to the router, and the computer wirelessly connected to the router, you can do both at once.

also, routers come with a software wizard to put encryption on your wireless connection to make it easier.

I have 3 laptops, a desktop and a ps3, and have had them all online at the same time. No problems.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom