Question about personalized license plates (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I know that the plate is registered to a certain car and is also registered to the person since it is a personalized plate. My question is: Could I unregister the plate from my car and move it to another car that is not in my name? (Can I transfer the rights to the plate to someone else?)

yes you can. you may have to pay the difference in registration depending on the value of the vehicle you are transferring the plate to.

yes you can. you may have to pay the difference in registration depending on the value of the vehicle you are transferring the plate to.

Would I have to pay it or would the person who is getting the plate have to pay it?

Would I have to pay it or would the person who is getting the plate have to pay it?

whomever is assuming ownership of the plate is responsible for the fees. also, not all motor vehicle offices can handle special plates so you may want to check if your office can (or see a notary).

whomever is assuming ownership of the plate is responsible for the fees. also, not all motor vehicle offices can handle special plates so you may want to check if your office can (or see a notary).

Hmm ok, thanks. I'm thinking about auctioning the rights to my plate.

I would also wait for advice from the SR legal team to see if you own what is on it or just pay for the right to use it.

By the way, I bet you thought this song is about you.

I would be auctioning the rights to have the plate transferred to a certain person. Not the actual plate as property. Or maybe word it as auctioning my decision to whom I decided to give the plate to?

Edit: What song?

I would be auctioning the rights to have the plate transferred to a certain person. Not the actual plate as property. Or maybe word it as auctioning my decision to whom I decided to give the plate to?

Edit: What song?

yea, I figured you may already know the legal part (I don't) I was just identifying a potential roadblock.

edit: your too young or maybe not cheesy enough. :hihi: I just always thought the lyrics were funny.

Carly Simon - You're So Vain - YouTube

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom