Question about recurve bows (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I would like to get a recurve bow for target practice and hunting down the line. I don't know where to start my search. What draw weight should I look for? I assume that I will get stronger with practice...so should I add a few pounds to the weight I can currently shoot? Any advice on brands? Strings?

I shoot a compound so my knowledge on recurves is pretty limited to only what I hear others talk about. I know in Ohio you have to have a minimum draw weight of 40# to deer hunt with it so you may want to see what the minimum is for your state. You will get stronger with practice. It's more form than strength when it comes to drawing a bow. There are tons of quality starter bows out there. You can go to just about any shop and they will let you handle the bows and will answer just about any question you have. If it were me I would look at a bear grizzly but they can be pretty pricey....~$400.
I've heard good things about the Samick Sage T/D as far as being an excellent beginner's bow....about $150 and extra limbs can be had for about $80 so it can grow with you.

bear grizzly review
Bear Grizzly Review - A Recurve Bow Inspection

Samick Sage T/D review:
Samick Sage T/D Recurve « Twig Archery

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom