Question about Saints fans in Georgia Dome (1 Viewer)

I went to the game last year in ATL and I had no issues whatsoever! They are doing alot better this year SO it might be different...

Easily the best road trip to take. Who Dat Nation will be all over the place so it has a whole different feel. I suspect the natives will be a little more fired up since the falcants are good this year but the who dats will still make a lot of noise.

Ive been to many games in ATL, it used to be a regular thing for me every year because my brother lives there as well as several friends. We used to get tickets in a group and all go together. It really is more like a nuetral field as so many Saints fans attend. Havent been in a few years as I remarried and started having kids again which puts a damper on the football getaways. If only Disneyworld would get a team Id be back in business.

Ok, so I have a great wife who bought me two tickets to the mnf game in the lower level. How bad is it for Saints fans there? I expect a hard time, of course, but has anybody had any really bad problems? Do i need ballistic armor or what?

Used to love going there. Would always have the best times with Falcons fans (guess because we've both sucked for so long). Anyway with the arrival of Vick and Blank that all changed for me. Next two games were miserable as Falcons fans treated us pretty badly and had an attitude like they were some dynasty or something. I haven't been back in years so it may be better now that they had some humble pie.

Used to love going there. Would always have the best times with Falcons fans (guess because we've both sucked for so long). Anyway with the arrival of Vick and Blank that all changed for me. Next two games were miserable as Falcons fans treated us pretty badly and had an attitude like they were some dynasty or something. I haven't been back in years so it may be better now that they had some humble pie.

Its better since the Vick fans are slowly leaving. Vick did more damage to the Falcons than anyone will ever admit.

As an Atlanta resident now, I've been to a good number of games over the years. One of those games toward the end of their stretch of dominance over us, some of the fans got a little overzealous after the game outside the GA Dome. There was some pushing and shoving but nothing major. I also saw one incident where a drunk bumpkin tried to start some stuff in the men's room, but that one never went anywhere either.

Last year was also the best ratio of Saints fans to Falcons fans that I've seen. I took my daughter to that one and we were sitting in the midst of a big block of Falcons season ticket holders and the worst we got was a lot of grief and chest thumping when they thought the Birds were going to win. :) She wants to go again this year so let me know if anybody has two extras. Otherwise I'm going to hit StubHub, I s'pose.

Me and my wife went to the game last year and had a good time. We have been Georgia residents for the past 2 years and were given tickets by a Falcons season ticket holder. We were treated with respect and would be there for the MNF game if not spending the holidays in New Orleans. Just remember to not be obnoxious after the Saints deliver the smackdown.

I've attended about 100 games there. The only fights I've ever seen were with Steeler fans who were hitting people with their towels. I've attended games all over the US. The formula works everywhere except for Philly. If you are not obnoxious you'll have a great time.

We went to Buffalo last year and it was pretty nasty. I would think twice before going back. We won which was great but other than that it pretty much sucked.

As a Falcons fan, here is a realistic, and non black&gold tinted view.

I've had season tickets for 10 years now, and as you can imagine, being good has given the Dome a lot more energy.

Last year with Ryan and Turner out, and y'all at 13-0 and us at 6-6, there was a pretty good Saints turnout. Probably around 20% to be honest. Of course, every 'who dat' likes to berade our fanbase because they showed up last year and won, and of course made some noise while doing so. You people watch the games... 20% is a good amount, but if it was 50-50, you would obviously notice--surely you have seen a bowl game.

The Dome this year has been electric, but as far as away fans are concerned, it's not too bad as long as you follow this simple rule: Don't act like it's your home game. A frenzied and drunk Monday Night crowd with the division on the line will get you in a fight.

I followed this rule in New Orleans, and I had a great time. Good natured ribbing, conversation, and a few laughs... and of course, a W.

Be respectful, cheer for your team, but don't be obnoxious and 'Who Dat' right in someone's face. If you act like a reasonable human and have fun, you'll have a good experience.

If you want to tailgate, please check out the gultch right off Marietta street, and up and down Northside Dr. there are a ton of great tailgate scenes. As far as bars go around the stadium, there aren't too many to be honest; Taco Mac right by Philips Arena is a great place, as well as STATS right off Marietta. If you want to party, go down to Buckhead-- awesome bar scene. It's not Bourbon Street, but then again, what is?

I've been asked by scalpers as early as week 6 about having any extra Saints tickets, and there are usually a ton of fakes out there. If you want to go, I urge you to purchase through Stubhub or Ebay. It might be pricier, but it's worth not getting scammed.

Looking forward to renewing my favorite rivalry, can't wait to break out the broom!

If any of y'all have questions, don't hesitate to ask. I've lived in Atlanta for 2 decades and would love to help visitors out.

Never been to the Georgia Dome before but please take a shower when you come out of there :hihi:

You won't have any problems. Falcons fans come late and leave early to beat traffic. You will find plenty of Who Dats in the yard. I'll be down around 2ish.

The thing that I remember the most about the last game I saw in the GD, was after a Saints victory, walking down Northside Dr. on my way back to my truck with what seemed like thousands of Saints fans chanting WHO DAT! WHO DAT! WHO DAT!. awesome time. It was in 2000 (Rickys rookie season) You'll feel right at home, because the black and gold own that dome too.

Atlanta fans are a bunch of *******. You'll be fine.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom