Question about texting in Android (1 Viewer)

Brennan77

Dubious
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Is there any way to get the contacts organization info to show up with the name in a text? I'm in sales and do a lot of business through text. Most of the time I know who is who. But sometimes it'd be nice if I were able to see who someone worked for without opening their contact card. Is this possible?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Not sure if there is or not. I use Textra and I just emailed them to see if they know of a way. You can always rig the contact's name to include their organization but that would mean lots of typing to rename everything. FWIW, I do that for my work employees to keep them separate from non-employees who may have the same name. I prepend their contact info with my company's name.

Not sure if there is or not. I use Textra and I just emailed them to see if they know of a way. You can always rig the contact's name to include their organization but that would mean lots of typing to rename everything. FWIW, I do that for my work employees to keep them separate from non-employees who may have the same name. I prepend their contact info with my company's name.
Ive always thought that changing the name that way was a terrible way out. It works for some people, but it just seems so messy to me. What I want is for the name to be in the header with the organization under it in smaller print. It would really help for whoever covers my business when I leave town as well.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I agree. It seems like something that should have been done a long time ago. The fact that nobody seems to have this might suggest limits via the api as far as what info can be accessed in a contact via a texting app (even hangouts???)

I assign a logo to their contact info so not shows up in any application as the user photo.

I assign a logo to their contact info so not shows up in any application as the user photo.

The problem is that each contact represents a different company. I've got over 60 customers so that's not super realistic.

The problem is that each contact represents a different company. I've got over 60 customers so that's not super realistic.
I have over 3,000 contacts in my phone and easily 100+ logos assigned to various people, I bet (I don't delete contacts). Granted I didn't sit down and do it all at once. It has been that way for years and I just keep rolling them into each other with each new job, contact, phone, etc.

I have over 3,000 contacts in my phone and easily 100+ logos assigned to various people, I bet (I don't delete contacts). Granted I didn't sit down and do it all at once. It has been that way for years and I just keep rolling them into each other with each new job, contact, phone, etc.
Wow. What are you doing? Googling company logos? I applaud your diligence.

Wow. What are you doing? Googling company logos? I applaud your diligence.

Well, yeah. I usually search for the name of the company + logo/icon followed by 500x500. I usually get a pretty good image on the first try that doesn't show up distorted and pixel-ly when I get an incoming call. A few times I ended up building a picture from photos that weren't really proportionate.

I've been doing it since 2009 probably. It goes faster if you sit down at a laptop and do it through your gmail contacts.

For the record, I still haven't found a solution. So I'm just renaming all my work contacts to include their business. It's dumb, but I guess it works.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom