Question: best online place to buy cheap tires? (2 Viewers)

This doesn't help Mr Blue sky get tires tomorrow, but you can get great deals on take offs on ebay.

Thanks.. Since i need them pronto, i called my local Discount Tire and they have these Corsa Highway Terrain tires that are a good deal (even though the reviews are mixed on them) but they have them in stock and can do them tomorrow.. Looks like Tire Rack ships pretty quick, but not til Monday, and it’s whole thing where i have to pick a place to install them, then that place charges an extra $85-$150 for the install... plus I’ve had good experiences with Discount Tire in the past.. If i had more time i might try Tire Rack, maybe next time.

This doesn't help Mr Blue sky get tires tomorrow, but you can get great deals on take offs on ebay.
Haha....I didn't even notice this was a 10 yr old thread that got bumped. I was replying to original post haha.
Check walmart too...can get cheap tires there with cheap install.

If you travel often, buy your tires from Walmart. They are good with warrantees and chances are if you have a blowout, there is a Walmart nearby.

I’m actually gonna go by Costco tomorrow to see what kind of deals they have, before i go to Discount Tire.. i get pretty much everything i own from Costco or costco .com as it is (jackets, socks, prescriptions , food, etc)- so I’m guessing they have a good selection of tires as well.

I’m actually gonna go by Costco tomorrow to see what kind of deals they have, before i go to Discount Tire.. i get pretty much everything i own from Costco or costco .com as it is (jackets, socks, prescriptions , food, etc)- so I’m guessing they have a good selection of tires as well.
They do. You can actually check online for their inventory for your car and the Costco near you. They seem to be carrying lower inventory at stores now, but they ship to the nearest store for free. The only problem for you is that it takes a few days to get there, so that sounds like a deal-breaker.

I've bought a few sets of tires from Costco over the years, including a set just a few weeks ago. The price is fair, they inflate the tires with nitrogen, and they do free tire rotations.

If you travel often, buy your tires from Walmart. They are good with warrantees and chances are if you have a blowout, there is a Walmart nearby.
got an excellent deal on some Goodyear tires at Wal-Mart a few years ago.

They do. You can actually check online for their inventory for your car and the Costco near you. They seem to be carrying lower inventory at stores now, but they ship to the nearest store for free. The only problem for you is that it takes a few days to get there, so that sounds like a deal-breaker.

I've bought a few sets of tires from Costco over the years, including a set just a few weeks ago. The price is fair, they inflate the tires with nitrogen, and they do free tire rotations.

Yeah the 5-10 day shipping makes it tough.. i have to make a 500 mi round trip next week and my current tires are in pretty bad shape.. but in the long run i think buying quality tires from Costco would be far wiser than the el cheapo ones that Discount Tire happens to have in stock.. i think I’ll go to Costco in the morning to see what they have in store, also since Discount Tire guy told me on the phone that he “beats prices all day” maybe I’ll go there, show him the screenshot of the tires i like on costco .com, see if he has them in stock and can beat the price including my member discount.. cant hurt to try i suppose.

The problem with discount is how much they bloat the prices on the back end. The price of the tire may be competitive but after they tack on all their fees the installed price goes up by a third. Do "installed" prices where ever you check and you'll see what I mean. That's where a place like Wal Mart ends up beating their price by quite a bit.

Ok so i think (hope) this is gonna work out.. I’m sitting at Discount Tire.. i came here first since Costco doesnt open til 10am.. Since the guy on the phone yesterday told me that they “beat prices all day”, i showed him a screenshot from the costco .com site i took of these Michelin Defender tires i wanted.. they got great reviews, and with a sale Costco has going and my member discount, plus installation and tax, it was going to be around $800 out the door.. the cheapo, default basically house brand “Corsa” tires that Discount Tire was holding for me were $579 out the door (and they have VERY mixed reviews)... So i showed the guy at Discount Tire the screenshot, i fudged a little and said Costco could do them for $750 out the door (less than $200 more than the cheap Corsa’s, which have half the tread life of the Michelins)... So he typed some stuff into his computer and said “Yeah we can match that”.. Then came the million dollar question- since I’m going out of town next week, did they have them IN STOCK? Becuase Costco woulda taken 5-10 days... “Yeah, we have 7 of them”.. Since i only need 4, that’s a SCORE! Gonna take a couple hours of waiting, but barring anything unforeseen, I’ll be rolling outta here on quality tires at a place I’ve liked doing business with a lot in the past.

I'm looking for the cheapest, yet trustworthy, place on line to buy tires. I've gone through 50 different sites, and I don't really like anything I've found... Did I mention cheapest??? LOL.

Anyone???

This is funny. I just bought 4 new tires from Tire Rack.com. You can order these tires online and have them sent to a location. They tell you the exact cost and coupons they have. I bought 4 Pirelli's for my Infiniit Q50, and it was the best deal i could get anywhere. When i lived in Texas, Discount tire was the best place, but not anymore. Tire Rack is legit!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom