question for all you defensive gurus (1 Viewer)

SaintsFanInNY

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
I believe it was jabari Greer's INT which made me think of this. IIRC, there was a blitz coming on that play and Sanchez went with the "hot read", the result of which was the greer pick. So my question to all you defensive gurus, was this an INT by design? What I mean, since the QB, especially a rook, will quickly hit the hot receiver when he sees the oncoming blitz. Was greer in position by design in anticipation of the QB reaction to the blitz? Of course this would mean someone else was likely more open (unless a safety/LB picked up where greer was "supposed to be". What say you all, was this a "forced INT"?

I believe it was jabari Greer's INT which made me think of this. IIRC, there was a blitz coming on that play and Sanchez went with the "hot read", the result of which was the greer pick. So my question to all you defensive gurus, was this an INT by design? What I mean, since the QB, especially a rook, will quickly hit the hot receiver when he sees the oncoming blitz. Was greer in position by design in anticipation of the QB reaction to the blitz? Of course this would mean someone else was likely more open (unless a safety/LB picked up where greer was "supposed to be". What say you all, was this a "forced INT"?

it was gay

It was Gay. He read the route and jumped it. Its classic Gregg Williams takeaway defense. I saw Gay jump the route and knew Sanchez was about to get owned, again.

it was gay's int. and i think it was more that sanchez didn't/couldn't step into the throw (b/c he was bailing) and the ball kinda floated out there

Holy Moses...

Even "I" could've read that one. Sanchez eyed him the ENTIRE route! Gay saw it 4 steps before the turn it looked like.

well it was a 6 man blitz with man coverage behind it with Sharper playing the deep middle third...keep in mind that on most if not all blitzes there is a guy that checks to see if the TE and RB stays in to block or if they go out on a route, if they go out, a guy will go with them, if they stay in the guy responsible for him will blitz, on that play it was a 6 man protection with gay, Greer, and porter covering the recievers...gay knew that the QB will have to get rid of the ball quick so he jumped the route, so it was part design part good play by gay

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom