Question for British and European Saints fans (1 Viewer)

Saintman2884

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
AS many of you already know, the Saints will be playing the San Diego Chargers in London this upcoming October and my twofold question is directed to the British and European Saints fans on Sr.com. What I want to know is how are ticket sales going for the game itself? and who here among you is going to the game?

I haven't heard a lot about the game recently so I just checking up on it now.

Thanks in advance and Good luck to those in Europe who will see the game this October

Well, the deal is you apply for tickets, and they will not send out emails to the lucky winners of the 'lottery' until May, so we will not know much for a while.
The application recently closed so I'd imagine we will soon know about the numbers of applicants, but the game will be a sell out.
The only question is if everyone turns up. Despite 3/4 of a million applicants last year, there were 9000 empty seats out of 90 000.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed to get to my first Saints game.

Thank you Zorro. I don't understand why there is a lottery for the game. Why cant people just come up and buy a ticket like they do over here for normal NFL games? I realize its a one time deal and you want to be fair so that people get a even shot, but it would be better to just let people buy the tickets themselves and with their own money.

Hi Saintman,

I'm from Germany and when I watched the SuperBowl I saw an advertisement that you could register your apply for tickets on nfluk.com. Everyone who has registered till the end of february will be informed (I think it was in May) if he/she gets the tickets they have applied for. And I think that the official sale will start in May.
I really hope that I'll get my tickets;)

Thank you Zorro. I don't understand why there is a lottery for the game. Why cant people just come up and buy a ticket like they do over here for normal NFL games? I realize its a one time deal and you want to be fair so that people get a even shot, but it would be better to just let people buy the tickets themselves and with their own money.
Well it isn't really a one time deal seeing as it has been confirmed that for the next 3 years there will be NFL fames in the UK.
The thing is that if it became a first come first serve basis a lot of people would be very dissapointed. For last years game, due to there being a lot of Giants and Dolphins fans in Europe, I think nearly a million applied for tickets.
The lottery system at least makes it fair, especially if you are not in the UK and plan to come over for the game.
They can't keep everyone happy, but what annoys me is that due to the fact there are a lot less Saints fans here than neutrals, there may end up being under a hundred home fans in a stadium of 90 000 capacity.
The selection of the Saints/Chargers is only because of last years game being boring and they want a good offensive battle.
I'm also not sure if you have the same problem in America as we do with touts, people who buy lots of tickets and then resell them at many times face value, keeping real fans out of the stadium. The lottery system which limits tickets mostly stamps this out, although if you google you could probably find some being sold already

Zorro pretty much has the reasons spot on. Demand will far exceed supply, even more so than for pro games in the US, where you have 8 home games a year to try to get into. I'm not sure about ticket holders who didn't show, hadn't seen that figure before, but then there's not much a venue can do to control that in advance.

Good luck getting your tickets Z37, I'm registered but I would be honest and say that if a die hard Saints fan got a ticket ahead of me, I wouldn't feel too hard done by. I'll be more worried about the grief I'd get from my players on our Uni team, if the Saints lose!

saints, where do you live in Germany? I ask this because if you are a NBA fan, the New Orleans Hornets are coming to Berlin in October as well to play an exhibition game at the brand new O2 Arena being built in the heart of the city. If you like NBA basketball, you should go see it.

I want to thank everyone for the responses so far, I actually plan on going to either the UK or the Continent soon to study aboard and I may bring some of my Saints fatigues with me .
FWIW, I like Germany a lot. That country as well as the UK are two my favorite European countries to study in history so they stand out as countries to go too if I ever do to some studying one day. Both of those places really have a lot of interests that I share, especially Germany.

Saintman, what are your student aspirations, if I may ask? I am Director of Ops for the Bristol University Barracuda and if you are looking at University admission, then Bristol is a fantastic choice for international students on their year(s) abroad.

Thanks for the information. I live in the north of Hamburg. Do you have icq? If yes, you get my number from my account here;) I think it would be the better way to communicate than using this thread;)

I will be graduating in probably 6-7 months and going to graduate school after that at Southern Miss. They have a good Southern history program and thats sort of my field on interest Tribune. I don't when I will go to Europe or Bristol, but I definitely plan on doing so at some point in graduate studies. Its funny too you know because I almost went to UK as apart of a research study program last summer

I want to get involved in academics. but I have a lot of ironing out to do, Tribune. I think if I go to study aboard I get some leeway and some extra viewpoints that will broaden my horizons. Thats my objective, I want to learn more then what I have now.

It may be this summer or next summer that I go to UK, but I will go, nothing will stop me from seeing Europe. I think this will bring more advantages down the road in my academic career, Tribune

Always good to broaden your horizons, best of luck to you. If you ever want any information about the UK, places to go etc., just drop me a PM. And if you do look at spending any time in Bristol, definitely get in touch. All the best.

Hamburg huh? Thats a nice city Saints. I know a buddy of mine who goes to a very old Jesuit school their who I used to know here at South. It was built I think in the 14th century so it has a lot of scholastic history to it. You know the Beatles actually played at the Beat Club in Hamburg in the 60's and the club itself has had some great acts like Deep Purple, Sabbath, and other hard rock bands. They always had this great psychedelic graphics/light show that accompanied the band performances. I see great highlights of it on You Tuibe all the time.

I too have joined the lottery and will be very disappointed if the stadium only has a minority of Saints fans - so fingers crossed!

I too have joined the lottery, and if everything else fails, will be trying hard to get tickets from alternative sources. What ever happens though we will be in London on game day

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom