Question for Catholics (Catholic Church Crisis) (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I have a question for Catholics. When an Archbishop says he is burning an altar does he really burn the altar or is it just replacing the altar with a new one? What if the altar is made of stone? Going to be pretty hard to burn? Guess where I’m getting at is the altar really burned or is it like some sort of exorcism the archbishop does to cleanse the altar? Does the Church really have backup altars? Someone educate me.

I have a question for Catholics. When an Archbishop says he is burning an altar does he really burn the altar or is it just replacing the altar with a new one? What if the altar is made of stone? Going to be pretty hard to burn? Guess where I’m getting at is the altar really burned or is it like some sort of exorcism the archbishop does to cleanse the altar? Does the Church really have backup altars? Someone educate me.

In this case, the altar really was burned. It was a wooden altar so there were no issues there. In addition to replacing the altar, there is a Rite of Purification that exists in order that the Church can be used again, which does include a prayer of exorcism.

In this case, the altar really was burned. It was a wooden altar so there were no issues there. In addition to replacing the altar, there is a Rite of Purification that exists in order that the Church can be used again, which does include a prayer of exorcism.
Interesting. I was wondering if an exorcism was performed. Thank you for that info.

Does it involve a teacher getting his head cutt off because of a picture of mary/jesus cartoon was shown to some students?

No, but Catholic tradition encourages the veneration of Saints and Christ through images. Oliver Cromwell thought differently about images, of course, so he went around smashing them and doing some beheading of his own.

The Rite of Purification is something to see. It is a very solemn ceremony and if one has the chance to witness I would encourage them to do so.

This dude was a priest at St. Anselm in Madisonville. The parishioners we knew ( including ourselves ) always found him to be a bit off. Very timid, not very sure of himself ( speaking ) and eccentric.

Was not totally surprised by this.

Indeed. But I didn't want QLaz to think fundamentalist Muslims had the patent on beheading people with whom they disagree about religion.

Yeah, no religion is without blemishes in their history. People are good at screwing up a good thing.

This dude was a priest at St. Anselm in Madisonville. The parishioners we knew ( including ourselves ) always found him to be a bit off. Very timid, not very sure of himself ( speaking ) and eccentric.

Was not totally surprised by this.

Really? You thought he might be into that kind of thing? Do you think all timid people who are unsure of themselves when speaking are like that?

Really? You thought he might be into that kind of thing? Do you think all timid people who are unsure of themselves when speaking are like that?

I never said that i KNEW he had a propensity for this...i said i wasnt TOTALLY surprised. Should i put in better context?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom