Question for the Forum/Mods (1 Viewer)

NWLAsaintfan

Very Banned
Reaction score
Why cant I post a pic that I have already used?

I posted a pic of Darren Sproles on a thread earlier, and was going to use it again on the recent thread by the fan that met Sproles in Vegas.

Got a message on the attachment screen saying that I had already used the pic.

Not a mod - but it's probably a feature to limit attachment data use (crowding the SR servers) by limiting the ability to re-post the same attachment in another thread.

The easy fix for you is to use a photo-hosting site like photobucket or similar. Set up an account and then you post your pic there, it will give you an image code and you can post it in as many threads as you want (and any other pics you might want to post in the future).

I had no idea that I could even get to my old attachments. I found it in UserCP and it says that I have 3 pages of them but nothing shows (with thumbnails or thumbnails hidden) :idunno:

I've had to do that a couple times.. I think I just renamed the file..

That probably works too, but you should consider that the point of the limitation is to save space on the SR servers. So if there's a way to help that situation (by using a photo/attachment hosting site) you should choose that alternative, rather than engineering around the SR data feature by renaming the file.

Thanks for the input.

MichaelScott.jpg

(And just in case you didn't know, you can embed any supported image from the web by copying image's URL code - an option by right clicking on the image - and then placing it between

Yes... Dunno why in the user cp that past attachments are not shown. Just a guess is something is turned off for site speed. IE- Not opening all attachemnets, that could get to be alot.

as to the former pic of sproles...use the insert code... something like

[img src= copy and paste attachment code here/img] - replace [] with <>

That may or may not be it, but it's close.

Joe

I am sure that I would choose to delete all but a couple anyway, It tells me how much of the storage I am using but just does not show them to me.

I have another question, for whatever reason, whenever I post an image/gif and want to do so w/o adding any text (even if I quote someone else), I can't post the image w/o including a message of at least 2 characters, but I've seen tons of members post pics/gifs w/o including any extra characters/symbols to meet this '2 character' rule.

I have another question, for whatever reason, whenever I post an image/gif and want to do so w/o adding any text (even if I quote someone else), I can't post the image w/o including a message of at least 2 characters, but I've seen tons of members post pics/gifs w/o including any extra characters/symbols to meet this '2 character' rule.

You're not doing it right.

If you are uploading the file directly to SR, then yes you have to include a couple characters. I use Tapatalk to upload all my pictures so it puts a link, so it counts as characters..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom