Question for those of you that post in the Gameday thread during the game (1 Viewer)

ChopperSaint

Official gum of champions
Reaction score
Im not being judgemental, im just trying to understand.
How can people sit around a computer posting in the middle of the game?

I would have to think that this would be a major distraction posting thoughts in a gameday thread during the game.

I mean I just got through reading some of the post in there and Shockey or someone will make a nice catch, and you have 25 people all posting at the same time great play shockey!!!

There is not much time for indepth post other then people saying what everyone is seeing already on the TV.

There is probably an average of 40 post a min during the game on that thread.

How can anyone read 3500 post, make there own post, and watch the game all at the same time?

I can post from my iPhone during commercials, etc. I don't even get up from in front of the TV to go to the bathroom or anything. I have someone else get my drinks/food.

Tried texting yday during game, then Camarillo caught that long pass. Wanted to throw my phone on field. Kept my cool and put in my pocket til after the game.

Im not talking about the people who make a post or 2 at halftime.
Im talking about the people who make comments play after play.

Things like OH YEAH!!!!!!!!!! 3 and out!!!!!!!!!!!

How can you enjoy the game while posting like that?

I was going to make this same thread eventually. Even if you log on to the gameday thread to read fan reactions; it's not like you don't already know what the reactions/comments will be; I guess it's just like touching a sore tooth, you just can't stop yourself from doing it.

I would have to think that this would be a major distraction posting thoughts in a gameday thread during the game.

I mean I just got through reading some of the post in there and Shockey or someone will make a nice catch, and you have 25 people all posting at the same time great play shockey!!!

There is not much time for indepth post other then people saying what everyone is seeing already on the TV.

How can anyone read 3500 post, make there own post, and watch the game all at the same time?
I dont know how they do it, but I know I appreciated when I couldnt see the Preseason games and one time when I couldnt catch the regular season game.

It's impossible to read all the posts, so I just post when I want to. You have to understand that most people will post right after the play and it takes awhile for the posts to hit. So while it looks like everyone is posting throughout the game, most are doing it in breaks, but the posts take time to load. Yesterday was a bit insane, with people saying the game was over in the 1st Qtr. But it was fun in the end.

There are 40 seconds in between plays, there is plenty of time if you have your laptop next to you.

If you cant watch the game for whatever reason and want for info than espn's gamecast gives then the gameday thread is money.

Thanks to all who post in the gameday thread for that reason. I've relied on it many times.

Lol, dude I feel the same way. I'm to into the game to post on the gameday thread.

Look guys.........it's for some people and not for others. It's what makes the world go around.

I was posting while watching the game, and while driving while eating a subway. Whats the matter you guys cant multi-task?

;)

As a first time gameday poster, I found it rather easy to post! T.V. has 4593458349 breaks and the commentators get on my nerves. I used it as a method to vent my anger/ juvilation without yelling and screaming... I watched the game yesterday with my father ( who won't watch games with me because I yell and scream and jump up and down) ,and by typing out my frustrations / excitements, it allowed my father and I to watch a game together for the first time in years!

yes sir, it's called an iphone. Lots of times i come to this site to share excitement, compare complaints over a call or to seek or give motivation. It takes about 1 min to post...

I'm a grad student and I work at home as a freelance writer/editor, so I have to be on the computer a lot, sometimes even during a game. When my laptop is functioning I have it on the coffee table near me. My desktop is set up so that I can glance to me left and watch the game. I'm a touch typist, so I don't have to see what I'm typing--I can look at the television instead.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom