Question From Falcons Fan (1 Viewer)

Saints lost a lot of games since we had drew brees under center. I cant really think of a game that we lost due to him. I can think of many that we lost because we had abysmal cornerback play. Drew is our qb and we needed defensive help. Lattimore in addition to drew has brought us several division tiles.

I’m glad someone gets it. We already had a potent offense in ‘16. Our defense sucked terribly. All Deshaun or Mahomes would’ve done is put up points and watch our defense blew the game in the final seconds. We had that outcome w/Drew. We needed a seismic shift on defense. Lattimore changed the trajectory of our defense from the first snap. Now we have a roster where we don’t need our QB to sling the ball 45 times a game in hopes of keeping pace in a shootout. Our defense has clamps. Had we gone with Deshaun or Mahomes, both would be racking up stats, but we’d still be lamenting our inept D.

Do you guys think you would have made it to the SB in any of the last three years with D. Watson?

No, Every year these past play offs the reason we lost is because the defense couldnt make key stops teams are always pretty even and defense win championships, As far as Matt Ryan, I think the smart thing is to draft a QB. I think after the SB the falcons have been in the 1 player away mentality and now its so far gone that the contracts are getting expensive and players start to regress. And now with Quinn gone a new coach will have to try fit players in a scheme that might not fit what they are trying to do. I would draft a new QB and start a mini rebuild

It depends, and I confess I don't know enough about the QB prospects beyond Lawrence to make a judgment here, BUT....if you genuinely believe a guy has the potential to be a franchise QB, you take him. I think Ryan can still be a useful NFL QB but new young franchise QBs don't grow on trees. The Packers had the sense to take Rodgers even though they still had Favre. But if you think he's merely a pretty good QB, pass.

The Failcons need to draft a rookie QB and trade Matt Ryan and Hammio Jones. They will be in salary cap hell for 1 season but if the rookie QB is legit then they can be competitive in 2022.

They need to take a QB. Restructure Matt and Julio so their cap hits don't put them straight into purgatory next offseason when they can be unloaded. There's a good nucleus to that team even without them (in spite of them?). It's a shame Julio has had to languish on some really poorly-coached teams.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom