Question on reheating food (1 Viewer)

you threw it away? man, it was fine. ive eaten medium rare steak that sat out all night after poker games. never been sick. 2 day old whopper, with mayo, sitting on the counter. not a problem. ah the bachelor years.

stuff dont go bad as fast as people think in normal conditions. your stomach is tough.

I'm sure there are a lot of restaurant industry folks in here who know a lot more about it than I do.

Incubation Zone for food borne disease is 40-140. Any protein in that zone and allowed to stay there for even the shortest period of time (1 hour or so) is putting the consumer at risk. E.Coli being the worst of the scenarios, dysentary being the most common, but nasty little bugs like clostridium perfringens being in the mix. Good thing you tossed it out.

Me: Louisiana Health and Hospital ServSafe Instructor since 1993

Incubation Zone for food borne disease is 40-140. Any protein in that zone and allowed to stay there for even the shortest period of time (1 hour or so) is putting the consumer at risk. E.Coli being the worst of the scenarios, dysentary being the most common, but nasty little bugs like clostridium perfringens being in the mix. Good thing you tossed it out.

Me: Louisiana Health and Hospital ServSafe Instructor since 1993

Thanks for ruining all of our fun. :angryrazz: I was already checking out to see what I wanted from his "estate sale."

well its been going (oven) for half an hour and it looks and smells great. Its the getting real sick and/or dying part I am worried about. I know it will taste good.

Yeah, great idea. This is just the place I'd go to if I were worried whether something I eat may kill me.

In a related question: Uncooked steak in a deep freeze for about 3 months, then put in my fridge to thaw for about 3 days. Bueno?

When should I show up with the wine? and would you prefer a nice Merlot or something a little more adventurous like a Chateau Greysac Medoc?????

bring Shiner and potato chips at around 6:00

In a related question: Uncooked steak in a deep freeze for about 3 months, then put in my fridge to thaw for about 3 days. Bueno?

J-77, I did that last year. Man we had some NY Strips that we completely forgot about, that had never been opened, wrapped in extra Cling[tm] wrap, and put in Freezer bags, out in the deep freeze. They had been there for almost 3 months, and I was like, "hey, let me thaw these suckers, throw some salt and pepper on them, and toss em on the grill. Dude, I baked a couple potatoes, tossed some spinach, iceberg, cucumbers, tomatoes, and yellow peppers in some vinergarette, and grilled some asparagus.
The steak tasted like how I imagine frozen, rotted, mule booty to taste. :covri:

*gag*

So, to answer your question, I don't know. Maybe yours will taste great. :9:

J-77, I did that last year. Man we had some NY Strips that we completely forgot about, that had never been opened, wrapped in extra Cling[tm] wrap, and put in Freezer bags, out in the deep freeze. They had been there for almost 3 months, and I was like, "hey, let me thaw these suckers, throw some salt and pepper on them, and toss em on the grill. Dude, I baked a couple potatoes, tossed some spinach, iceberg, cucumbers, tomatoes, and yellow peppers in some vinergarette, and grilled some asparagus.
The steak tasted like how I imagine frozen, rotted, mule booty to taste. :covri:

*gag*

I don't care how it tastes. All I require of food I cook at home is that it A) not severely damage my body, and B) provide sustenance.

I gave up on cooking "good" food, well...ever.

*gag*

Paul - 6 months shelf life on beef in an air-tight wrap in the freezer, maximum. You can get about another 3 months out of it (to the total of 6 months beyond the 3 in question), but freezer burn will start deteriating the taste at the end of the 3 month shelf life. Cling wrap < freezer bags < cryo-vac bags.

Edited for clarity.

Paul - 6 months shelf life on beef in an air-tight wrap in the freezer, maximum. You can get about another 3 months out of it (to the total of 6 months beyond the 3 in question), but freezer burn will start deteriating the taste at the end of the 3 month shelf life. Cling wrap < freezer bags < cryo-vac bags.

Edited for clarity.

Yeah, I learned that the hard way. It took a while for those suckers to grill.... we ended up having tilapia with the other things I prepared. While fish is healthier, man I really wanted a steak that evening. ****:rant:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom