Question on trading out of the tenth pick (1 Viewer)

fish321

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
If we get to our pick and the DTs and Cromartie are all gone, and maybe even if anyone other than dorsey is still there, the best move in my mind would be to trade down and pick up extra picks or players. I know some of you disagree but I feel like we need more than one player to fix our d and dorsey is the only guy that stands out as a game changer to me. The players between 8 and 40 are roughly grading out the same, for example Rivers, Mayo and Conner arent that different nor the 4 corners, so why not trade back and get basically the same player plus a little somthin somethin?

I know the biggest arguement against it is why would anyone want to trade into 10 for the same reason we want to get out of ten. Maybe we get lucky and some team falls in love with someone, or maybe someone drops that wont be usefull to us but another team covets and we get a great deal to swap out, but really maybe a great deal isnt necesary. Maybe to get out of the pick we trade for something a little below market value, still picking up a useful pick or player, just not exactly something that adds up point for point. Would that really be so bad? A player still there at ten is not likely to turn our D into a top 5 unit, but maybe 2 quality guys would.

Im not saying I advocate this as I havent put too much thought into it but I wanted to throw it out there and get some feedback. I would be really excited to have Dorsey or Cromartie on this team, I just think we may have more needs than one guy can fill and may have to think a little more outside the box to get them filled.

Trading down may be the best move, but this FO will not trade down IMO.

Clady or Rivers Im ok with but did you see Talib at the combine? I dont know much about scouting but I really didnt think he was impressive. I also thought that for once Mayock had something relative to say about him with those clips, he got beaten alot in situations he should have dominated in

We'd probably take Kenny Phillips before trading down.

They could trade down to #25 or later and still get Phillips. No point in reaching for him when he'll be there much later. Phillips is barely the best safety in the draft, and this draft is terrible for safeties.

Honestly, if he wasn't from "the U", you'd hear as much about Phillips as you do about DaJuan Morgan.

We'd probably take Kenny Phillips before trading down.

Right. We'll pick a safety 20 spots ahead of where he's projected to be drafted by most major draft boards because Saintsreport readers have a mancrush on him.

First we need to get off the DRC love fest I have read about in multiple postings. I think he is another workout warrior and I don't think he is even in the top 4 on corners. Next, if the two DTs are not there, I like Rivers at 10 but do not see him as a must have. If none of those options exist, I think trading down makes sense. Not too far but where you can still address defensive needs with out breaking the bank and getting a little something extra for your trouble.

Why is everyone saying we won't trade down? Personally, I think if we can't land Dorsey or Ellis, we will at least try to trade down.

I have no idea...it seems as if we have traded down at least 3 times in the last 2 years albeit in the second round twice and the third or fourth the third time. We could definitely trade down and try to recoup the pick we lost for Vilma.

One of the few teams that might trade up with us is the Cowboys, If Im not wrong they have two picks in the first round. Since Big Bill P left and cherry picked their FO they have made some questionable moves ie letting the best RB on the team go, and now I here that they are after Pac Man Jones, I would say the Raiders are a possibilty but they draft ahead of us.

The Cowboys aren't moving up to #10 unless DMac is still on the board. Nobody is going to trade up for any players at #10 because of a huge drop in talent after the first 7-8 picks.

The Cowboys need a corner but they aren't going to trade two first round picks in a draft filled with corners especially if that corner is going to be a nickle back.

I would hope for Dallas to trade their 2 number ones with CINCY's #9. That will eliminate another team ahead of the saints that want's a DT.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom