Question: Re: Bushrod and tender offer (1 Viewer)

Have poison pill contracts been banned? That's probably another reason teams don't use the transition tag anymore.

According to him, they've pretty much been banned, i.e. the league won't approve the contract with them in there.

There are so many options at OL this offseason. There are around 8 starting tackles expected to hit free agency and 5 first rounders in the draft.

There is no chance Bushrod get the big contract he thinks he's goin to get. Loomis is either going to sign him or pick up a solid starter in FA.

There are so many options at OL this offseason. There are around 8 starting tackles expected to hit free agency and 5 first rounders in the draft.

There is no chance Bushrod get the big contract he thinks he's goin to get. Loomis is either going to sign him or pick up a solid starter in FA.

I continue to hear this statement "so many options", and while I agree that Bushrod will not land a huge LT deal. I do not think it's because FA and the draft are loaded with LOTs. I think it will be because Bushrod had a bad year and/or many will think he is a product of Drew's quick release.

However, I think we lose Bushrod to Philly, SD, or Chicago because they will value him more than us. I also think that him leaving will leave us scrambling much like we did when Goodwin left for SF.

Take a detailed look at these "8 starting tackles" and you will see that Bushrod is actually going to be very much in demand on the open market.

1. Ryan Clady will be tagged.
2. Andre Smith is a RT only.
3. Gosder Cherilus is a RT only.
4. Will Beatty will get paid, most likely by his current team.
5. Sebastian Vollmer is a RT that may play LT but thanks to Brandy he is probably staying put.
6. Phil Loadholt is a RT only
7. Branden Albert is rumored to have a significant back issue but if that checks out he will ask for more than Bushrod.
8. Jake Long wants to break the bank.
9. Bushrod
10. Sam Baker not as good as Bushrod IMO.

When you look at this list there are 5 LTs that will hit the market (Beatty, Albert, Bushrod, Long, and Baker). Our realistic options are Bushrod, Baker, or a rookie. Which is why I hope Lane Johnson is there when we pick.

I said this when brown left. Tackles is this offense are not as important as guards. Lt and Rt are positions where the saints can't spend money. Must rebuild through draft.

I said this when brown left. Tackles is this offense are not as important as guards. Lt and Rt are positions where the saints can't spend money. Must rebuild through draft.

Well if thats the case they should have been grooming a tackle the last 3 to 4 years, C.Brown is a question mark.

Everybody who wants Charles Brown to be our starting left tackle this season raise your hand.

That's what I thought.

No significant contract talks yet between New Orleans Saints and tackle Jermon Bushrod

"While it still remains relatively early in the process, the New Orleans Saints haven't undergone in any significant contract talks with potential free agent left tackle Jermon Bushrod, the two-time Pro Bowler said Monday afternoon".

Link

Well if thats the case they should have been grooming a tackle the last 3 to 4 years, C.Brown is a question mark.

They were grooming one. Unfortunately, Brown has been hurt and inconsistent when given opportunities. Bushrod wasn't the most consistent right when j. brown got hurt though. The draft will show how much confidence they have in c.brown.

Please no at these 2 protecting our franchise QB's blind side.

I am not really excited about letting one of those 2 protect Drew's blind side, but I feel even worse about giving an unproven rookie, without any NFL experience a starting position at LT. They may look great running in their underpants at Combine, but who knows how they will play against top pass rushers in the NFL.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom