Questionable personnel/scheme, slow start to the season, and a rusty offense. Yep, it's Saints football. (1 Viewer)

I'm happy for the win of course, but let's not kid ourselves.

We didn't win this game, Cleveland lost it. They've turned losing into a science.

It's our first win in the month of September in 4 years, so I'll take that as a victory also, but there's much to be cleaned up. I think the offense misses Ingram much more than anyone thought they would.

I disagree

We won this game

Far from our best effort, and clearly very sloppy. But we won this.

Browns D is good.
Drew got sacked 3 times.
They were in his face all day.
Drew completed 80% of his throws.
Just not getting the run game going.

If that kick had been true the best the Browns would have had was a chance at overtime. The kick was not for the win folks. Our team was clicking much better in the second half and would have won with or without that Kick hitting the mark. We shouldn't have left 29 seconds on the clock to give them a chance at the kick. That is on coach payton for not running down the clock before sending Lutz out there.

I'm happy for the win of course, but let's not kid ourselves.

We didn't win this game, Cleveland lost it. They've turned losing into a science.

It's our first win in the month of September in 4 years, so I'll take that as a victory also, but there's much to be cleaned up. I think the offense misses Ingram much more than anyone thought they would.
We miss both Ingram and the kind of work the OL was doing last season. We have neither right now.

Last edited:
If that kick had been true the best the Browns would have had was a chance at overtime. The kick was not for the win folks. Our team was clicking much better in the second half and would have won with or without that Kick hitting the mark. We shouldn't have left 29 seconds on the clock to give them a chance at the kick. That is on coach payton for not running down the clock before sending Lutz out there.
coaching for not running the clock. coaching for having calls in place that allowed a 50 yard bomb to tie (should have won) and again to allow Tyrod Taylor to move the team 2/3 the length of the field in 3 plays in less than 30 seconds.

Winning cures all for a while.

But there were some astoundingly concerning things that happened at the end of the game from guys who consistently produce some head scrtaching calls.

Need to exorcise all this from the system.

Which has been a Payton trademark.

The timeout before the 2 pt. conversion bothered me. You know that you're going for two in that situation...have the play ready to go! Didn't it happen in last week's game as well? Or am I thinking of another game I watched last week?

Of all the criticism threads of the Saints, I'm down with this one. It is what it is son. Even from the best Saints teams this is what I expect.

Just a quick lesson or two on Madden and you learn how to use the clock to your advantage. Only kidding a little. At least Sean didn't "choke" symbol the kicker before that last one.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom