Questions about the Lord of the Rings movie (1 Viewer)

Okay. The Lord of the Rings questions have been answered.

Without starting another thread.

Can we finally address the Peter Griffin question about The ShawShank Redemption?

Anyone?

There's one thing I'll add and I see it as more a personal take than anything. I stated that it was luck that Isildur was able to cut the ring from Sauron's hand, but I do believe that Tolkien meant to imply that divine intervention was in play for that to happen. There is a lot throughout the books that suggests a higher power or higher purpose helping to guide the central players to Sauron's ultimate destruction. As an aside, it's also my thought that the reason the Hobbits are almost "childlike" is to indicate the innocence of children, which is why they are not so easily corrupted by the ring.

I learned something interesting about Sauron. He's technically not dead but he's so messed up that he can never recover from it.

The extended editions are essential. I'll never watch the regular ones again. In fact the first time I saw them I didn't know how Frodo and Sam were able to hide from those people when they got stuck in front of the black gate at Mordor. I've never read the books so I had no idea that their cloaks are able to actually act as a cloak for them.

The extended editions are essential. I'll never watch the regular ones again. In fact the first time I saw them I didn't know how Frodo and Sam were able to hide from those people when they got stuck in front of the black gate at Mordor. I've never read the books so I had no idea that their cloaks are able to actually act as a cloak for them.
Yes, their cloaks act as some sort of device that lets them hide

Yes, their cloaks act as some sort of device that lets them hide

Well duh. It's just in the theatrical version, unless you read the books you wouldn't know that the cloak can actually act as camouflage so I was wondering how that worked because it shouldn't have. I can't wait for the 4K release of the extended trilogy, you know they're going to release it but it's still a while away.

Well duh. It's just in the theatrical version, unless you read the books you wouldn't know that the cloak can actually act as camouflage so I was wondering how that worked because it shouldn't have. I can't wait for the 4K release of the extended trilogy, you know they're going to release it but it's still a while away.
I know. I was just having fun with the language of cloaks being cloaking devices

I haven't watched the theatrical version in a while, but the scene where they emerge from under their cloaks, at first appearing as rocks on the ground, isn't in it?

there were talking trees in this series you know. I'm just saying there may be other places to get hung up on. :ROFLMAO:

yeah that’s where my brother turned it off! I loved it though. I’m not big into Sci-fi, but that was a damn good trilogy!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom