Questions over Dolphins handling of Tua’s head injuries (update: Tua concussed again)(Merged) (1 Viewer)

the NFL must’ve put out a memo telling all sports networks not to show Tua’s fencing reaction.
To be fair, there was a lot of criticism last night about how much Amazon showed the exact replay.

So why was his fingers like that? His body just froze all kinda weirdly or something? I thought he landed really badly on his hand but he didn't.

Scary scenes from the Dolphins game tonight. There were already questions about the Dolphins’ handling of what looked like a Tua concussion on Sunday.

Hopefully Tua is okay - he was taken to the hospital for further evaluation, but released tonight. Those questions are now hugely important after tonight’s injury (update: Coach McDaniels confirmed tonight it was indeed a concussion).

This article on NFL.con yesterday (Wednesday):

This tweet was from 4:08PM today, hours before the game:

5ABB3CE4-9622-4501-A02D-BC7CDD5F51E2.jpeg

Yes Dr. Nowinski is a strong advocate for far
more robust protocols but that doesn’t mean he isn’t right.

The cover-up is ALWAYS worse than the crime. Shame on shady NFL, quack neurologist on the take, and Dolphins and Tua himself for telling us that our eyes lied to us. Chickens ALWAYS come home to roost.

How is that not penalized for unnecessary roughness?? He got forcefully slammed onto the turf and he's a QB! 🤬
Surprised this wasn’t brought up before now, and there will probably hard line opinions on both sides. Personally, I didn’t find the tackle to be malicious or excessive. It was not a lift and slam down effort. Tua was spun around and when his feet got taken out beneath him his body whipped to the ground.

Yeah, the results looked bad, though.

To your point though about it being on a QB, a flag wouldn’t have surprised me.

Last edited:
Surprised this wasn’t brought up before now, and there will probably hard line opinions on both sides. Personally, I didn’t find the tackle to be malicious or excessive. It was not a lift and slam down effort. Tia was spun around and when his feet got taken out beneath him his body whipped to the ground.

Yeah, the results looked bad, though.

To your point though about it being on a QB, a flag wouldn’t have surprised me.
True. The tackle was fine. 1- Tua is a rag doll. 2- Still concussed. The flag should have been thrown ONLY since he is a QB. But I am fine with no flag. Ask Bradshaw, Montanna, Marino, etc. if a flag should have been thrown based on that tackle. LOL.

The NFL doesn't care. Don't you remember Cam Newton getting knocked senseless in our game once? Staggering all over the place...goes into the tent. Voila! He can play! The only way they will care is if another multi-billion lawsuit is on the horizon.

How is that not penalized for unnecessary roughness?? He got forcefully slammed onto the turf and he's a QB! 🤬
I was just thinking how the hell did Pete Werner get flagged for unnecessary roughness but this didn’t (I think the body slam rule is such BS and so inconsistent)

Yeah, the YouTube video of the broadcast from Amazon shows the Tua tackle and aftereffect of hitting the turf over and over..

The showed it quite a bit before halftime, but coming out after halftime when they showed the two hits (last week/last night), they only showed the hit, not the after effects. Then they started singing the tune of the Dolphins saying last week was a back injury. It was obvious they were told over halftime to change the narrative as the NFL went into to damage control.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom