Questions over Dolphins handling of Tua’s week 3 injury after tonight’s head injury (1 Viewer)

efil4stnias

Play at your own risk
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

he is EXACTLY right- They need to call it what it is...BRAIN TRAUMA

Meanwhile Al Micheals was saying we dont know but they say back injury/neck injury.

Shame on Al Micheals. The counter is " well you are no doctor"

NO ONE...i mean NO ONE needs to be a licensed neurologist to diagnose EXACTLY what happened last night. No one.

No human postures like that while laying prone for any other injury outside of a seizure. And when you look at the root cause ( head hits turf ) its just clear.

Reaction score
he is EXACTLY right- They need to call it what it is...BRAIN TRAUMA

Meanwhile Al Micheals was saying we dont know but they say back injury/neck injury.

Shame on Al Micheals. The counter is " well you are no doctor"

NO ONE...i mean NO ONE needs to be a licensed neurologist to diagnose EXACTLY what happened last night. No one.

No human postures like that while laying prone for any other injury outside of a seizure. And when you look at the root cause ( head hits turf ) its just clear.
What comical is that after the first injury on redzone the commentator said “I hate to speculate but it looks like a possible head injury” the said that he hoped Tua was ok. That redzone guy, random TV watching guy, literally anyone would done better than the team managing Tuas case. It’s nuts

BarBar

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Wow. Horrible. Unbelievable really. I feel much better about sitting Winston, too. Some things are more important than winning a football game.

DoubleSaint

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I really don’t know why Tua would go along with playing so soon after an obvious concussion.
All for a franchise that 7 months ago wanted to replace you with a 45 year old.
Should have told them to sit on their own finger.

bouxdag

Veteran
Reaction score
I mean, to me it's pretty clear that if there's enough video evidence, like Tua's first concussion, then the player doesn't play the rest of the game. There is no evaluation that needs to be done further than watching the video. We obviously don't know enough about concussions to really say there's a 100% accurate evaluation/test for something like that, especially in such a short time frame after the incident.

Could this lead to a slippery slope, where a guy has a foot injury, gets up and stumbles and then falsely gets removed for a concussion? I guess, but if you really care about player safety then it shouldn't matter. And Tua exhibited multiple signs other than just stumbling anyway.

DJ1BigTymer

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I mean, to me it's pretty clear that if there's enough video evidence, like Tua's first concussion, then the player doesn't play the rest of the game. There is no evaluation that needs to be done further than watching the video. We obviously don't know enough about concussions to really say there's a 100% accurate evaluation/test for something like that, especially in such a short time frame after the incident.

Could this lead to a slippery slope, where a guy has a foot injury, gets up and stumbles and then falsely gets removed for a concussion? I guess, but if you really care about player safety then it shouldn't matter. And Tua exhibited multiple signs other than just stumbling anyway.
:freak7:

1. A concussion presents clear symptoms and there are clear steps to diagnose a concussion and those steps can be taken at the stadium.

2. There's no "slippery slope". Either the guy hit his head or he didn't, the "injured foot" is irrelevant when someone stumbles after hitting their head. You treat the head injury first and then, if the head checks out, you can treat the foot. You can live without a foot but I don't believe you can live without a head.

jasonsw

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Scary scenes from the Dolphins game tonight. There were already questions about the Dolphins’ handling of what looked like a Tua concussion on Sunday.

Hopefully Tua is okay - he was taken to the hospital for further evaluation, but released tonight. Those questions are now hugely important after tonight’s injury (update: Coach McDaniels confirmed tonight it was indeed a concussion).

This article on NFL.con yesterday (Wednesday):

This tweet was from 4:08PM today, hours before the game:

5ABB3CE4-9622-4501-A02D-BC7CDD5F51E2.jpeg

Yes Dr. Nowinski is a strong advocate for far
more robust protocols but that doesn’t mean he isn’t right.

Crazy I remember him from the WWF. HE Had a promising career. I really liked his character. How he was from Harvard and smarter than everyone. But sadly concusions cut his career short.

OP
OP
superchuck500

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I really don’t know why Tua would go along with playing so soon after an obvious concussion.
All for a franchise that 7 months ago wanted to replace you with a 45 year old.
Should have told them to sit on their own finger.

I think the NFL player culture (supported by NFL team culture) is that you play if you are cleared no matter what, because you have to be tough for your team and teammates. Plus also fear you might lose your starting job.

Contrast this with the racing where more and more pro drivers are willing to take the time they need to return healthy. The culture has changed there. And the dynamics are admittedly different.

Doug B

Fanaticus Sanctii
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Crazy I remember him from the WWF. HE Had a promising career. I really liked his character. How he was from Harvard and smarter than everyone. But sadly concusions cut his career short.
Wait -- Chris Nowinski was a WWF wrestler? Or did I miss something?

SigFreudianSlip

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Praying he is ok, and I too think the people involved should be held accountable if he was already concussed….but shouldn’t the player also hold some responsibility? As in refusing to play if he thinks he’s concussed or too banged up?

Speaking of Tua making his own decision as a grown man, reminds me of the Trent Williams saga a few seasons ago. Iirc him disagreeing with their medical staff, not being ready when they thought he was etc. is why he left and signed with San Fran.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom