Quick 5 round mock draft based on Charlie Campbell's Mock at Walterfootball (1 Viewer)

treeduck

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Campbell's latest 5 round mock for the Saints went:

1 Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia
3 David Bakhtiari, OT/C, Colorado
4 William Gholston, DE, Michigan State
5 Rod Sweeting, CB, Georgia Tech

WalterFootball.com: 2013 NFL Mock Draft - Charlie Campbell

So for mine I kept the Jarvis Jones pick (obviously) and the Gholston pick, but in the 3rd round I passed on Bakhtiari and stole Jamie Collins from the Rams two spots below. Then in the 5th I passed on Sweeting and took the Charger's pick one place below us, Oday Aboushi from Virginia. So remember this is based on Campbell's mock, Jamie Collins may well not be there in the real draft, but in this case I just picked what was available.

So here's my 5 round Walterfootball Campbell mock:

1 Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia
3 Jamie Collins, OLB, Southern Miss
4 William Gholston, DE, Michigan State
5 Oday Aboushi, OT, Virginia

With that draft I'd like to go

1.) Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia - Alternate selection Barkevious Mingo, OLB, LSU

3.) Bacarri Rambo, S, Georgia - Alternate selection D.J. Swearinger, S, South Carolina

4.) Xavier Nixon, OT, Florida - Alternate selection Ricky Wagner, OT, Wisconsin

5.) Tyrann Mathieu, CB, LSU - Alternate selection Marcus Lattimore, RB, South Carolina

If Mathieu is still there in the 5th which I seriously doubt he is then for me It's a no brainer selecting him here. Low Risk with it being a 5th round selection but if it pays off it's an extremely high reward.

As for Latimore he'll likely sit out the entire year rehabbing that horrendous knee injury and he also falls into the low risk high reward category. We have a riches of running backs at the moment and there's no rush for this guy to suit up he'd be a pick with next year in mind. I think he's far too intriguing for Payton to pass up at this point.

I really don't care what positions we address as much as getting the best player we can with each pick, there is lots of veteran talent available after the draft to fill holes, but we need players that can make the team for many years to come.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom