First round draft choice won't see the field much this year
Stecker played well when he was in
Would have loved to see Pierre Thomas get some carries

D played well during the first half. Roman Harper was great
Where was Charles Grant?
Will Smith got beat by a rookie
Linebackers got blocked nearly every play
David, I thought that was Fred Thomas playing
McKenzie played better than David, but not well enough as he got beat a few times

Coach looked like a play station coach. Got impatient and started throwing all the time.

I'm just glad Drew didn't get hurt. I thought there was a good chance at that.

At least it's early in the season and plenty of time to rebound, but if coaching doesn't get better and execution gets better, we're in trouble, but too early to say that. Let's just chalk this one up to a bad night and we'll rebound.

We had hung in their during the 1st half and moved the ball some. If we get 1st down on 3rd and short, it's a different outcome.

I am sick...

I hope our saints get their a** kicked in practice this week.

OUR D LINE GOT OWNED!!!!

Harper played OK and that is it. on the plays where david got burned for TD's Harper was out of position and not able to support. Late on those plays and on the one that Harrison beat McKenzie he was late and almost cost us a TD.

This team has their work cut out for them...but have the talent

No bump at the line = Free release = TD period
Abandon the run = 3 and out = Freeney ears pinned back = pressure = safties deep
add it all up = lose period

This is the first good post I've read all day! I don't think the players should get their butts kicked in practice anymore than Payton should get his. The team played poorly, partly due to the fact that most of the starters haven't played in a couple of weeks. The play calling was rediculous like in the Bears game. If I saw one more delayed hand off on 3rd and anything I was going to be sick. Let's not even talk about the punt. I said last year after the Bears game that if we aren't going to use Duece then let's trade him and get a great cornerback. I don't think I'll ever get over the fact that we didn't get Bly out of freeagency. As far as David goes, he was just out classed. Wayne and Harrison are much better receivers than he is a corner. I'm still wondering where the lines were last night, D and O. Reggie Bush has so much potential but tries too hard to make something happen. I was glad to see him start following blocks last year but I don't think it would have mattered if he did in this game because there was no blocking. With the depth at linebacker so deep, why didn't we get Jones and Simmons in on the buck kicking? Where was Young after the 2nd TD on David? Where was Thomas and Moore? Karney and Kaesviharn? I think Payton out thought himself again. He's a brilliant front office guy but we need an Offensive Co. calling the plays.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom