Quick, how many passes defended has Nnamdi Asomugha averaged over the past 6 seasons? (1 Viewer)

I think the OP is confused with the difference between passes defended and passes deflected...

Those numbers are all pass deflections, not really a telling stat... A better comparison would be how many passes he's defended compared to others.

Look at a guy like Antoine Winfield, who has been one of the best all around cornerbacks in the league for years. He has never been a high pass deflection guy, or even interceptions, but still produced at a ridiculously high level even at 35 years old.

You are really going to try to discredit Nnamdi's time with the Raiders?

Passes defended is a meaningless stat.

I wouldn' tgo that far....people clamoring for Keenan Lewis are hanging their hats on his 17 passes defended. (don't quote me on that #)

Its as telling a stat as interceptions.

However i guy being thrown@ a lot because he has Ike Taylor on the other side is bound to get more opportunities

While Nnamdi in his prime was bound to see less opportunities.....so u saw a guy like Stanford Route benefit from all the attention and the plays he made and sign a big contract a year later............and then flamed out.

So im hoping thats not the case with Lewis.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom