quick knockoff jersey question (1 Viewer)

that is definitely a knockoff (telling is due to the letters/numbers...the real elites do not have the gold sewn OVER a larger white, they have the thin stretchy gold ON the jersey and a thin white border is sewn OVER the edges of the gold which allows the numbers to flex/stretch).

dang good looking FDL, though. is it made out of the number/name material or embroidered?

i have a yuki custom and the jersey itself is very high quality and reverse engineered...the numbers/names are just like yours, but the FDL, although is embroidered, is a bit off.

but for consistency, i have found yuki to be pretty good and you can live chat with them about anything. it took a long time for me to get my jersey, though. but can't complain about having a custom with my name and number for $55.
Same material. Everything sewn on/stitched. I am very pleased with it.
I'll upload better pictures of it with a better background when I have time. For 32 bucks, I'll take that all day long.

Same material. Everything sewn on/stitched. I am very pleased with it.
I'll upload better pictures of it with a better background when I have time. For 32 bucks, I'll take that all day long.

that seems to be the problem with the FDL's. if they are the right size and shape (even on the reebok knockoffs) they were always made of layered name/number material sewn together. if embroidered patch (like the authentics) they are small and not shaped right.

i know they DO take a lot of reverse engineering from 1 or 2 real jerseys and the rest of the teams they use pictures, so miss the materials details.

the actual, authentic FDL is a thick, embroidered, 3 color patch that is sewn onto a black backing that is slightly larger than the embroidered part. that is then sewn onto the jersey.

wish i could get some AUTHENTIC FDL patches. the ones that have been circulating around are typlically smaller than authentic.

i believe the official FDL's are like 5.5" x 3.5-4" or so?!?!

I have used DH Gate and have had great success on 10 jerseys. Read the reviews on the sellers and you should be fine and always opt for the (free) Tom Benson patch.

I remember long time ago, I bought a Rickey Jackson knockoff. One of the Louisiana patches was backwards. I still have that jersey actually.

I’ve bought several from Yuki over the years, including several M&N knockoffs. Just got two Brees products post-retirement. I’m not a purist, so I’m okay with the deficiencies that everyone else notes. I just can say I’ve placed my order and always gotten a product in a reasonable time, unlike the stories you hear about others. Are they ever perfect? No. Are they good enough? I think so.

My wife will not have anything to do with a currently rostered Saint since she drafted Floyd Turner in fantasy football years ago. 😜. The announcement allowed me to finally buy #9.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom