Quick starts/ 12th man keep em down (1 Viewer)

Guitarzan

Banned
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I look for another quick start here. In Atlanta that really set the tone. Then when the team and crowd tried to get back in it the Hail Mary just sunk them. That should be the ticket this weekend too. Quick start with prodigious amounts of Deuce and Reggie (reggie is gonna bust a big one I can feel it) and then the 12th man can really wrap this up in the second half. This time shut the door at home and don't open it back up.

I look for another quick start here. In Atlanta that really set the tone. Then when the team and crowd tried to get back in it the Hail Mary just sunk them. That should be the ticket this weekend too. Quick start with prodigious amounts of Deuce and Reggie (reggie is gonna bust a big one I can feel it) and then the 12th man can really wrap this up in the second half. This time shut the door at home and don't open it back up.

Agreed, Guitarzan...

Heard something very interesting on WWL radio last night regarding the 12th man.

Kenny W and Bobby H were talking to a guest about the crowd noise in the Dome. Kenny remarked that while the crowd noise definitely helps to not only fire up the D and make it difficult for an opponent's O to hear snap counts, audibles, etc., one thing that really gets the Saints' players stoked and playing at unmatched level, is when the fans are not only going balistic with crowd noise, but also standing up.

He (Kenny) said that the view for players from the field, looking at the Dome on its feet, is mindboggling, and they feed off of it.

Bobby, a former Saints QB, acknowledge Kenny's remarks... Just something to think about if you're fortunate enough to be in the Dome on Sunday.

Dude, I was at the game Sunday and let me tell you, when Copper caught that Hail Mary, it was like everyone, including Saints fans, were literally deprived of air at the same time. For us, however, it was good - we were just like "no way he caught that - alright!" Hi fives all around - man we were in disbelief.
For Atlanta fans, it was like "no @#!^%*** way he caught that &%**! I don't *%$#%** believe it. I'm going home!"

Our cheer was like 5 seconds delayed because we were in disbelief. Talk about a sucker punch. :hihi:

I'm assuming you're talking about the fans, because I don't think the referee is going to help us much, but you never know.
:ezbill:

I'm assuming you're talking about the fans, because I don't think the referee is going to help us much, but you never know.
:ezbill:

I thought it was universally understood that the crowd is known as the 12th man.lol. It's so bad that A&M and the Seahawks ended up in court over the term.

So just in case some lawyer might want to get "legal" on us we can also refer to the home crowd as the Dome Denizens. But yeah- that'll help to fire us up and keep San Fran down. There aren't but a few players on this team who were part of the Saints-Niners rivalries of old. But until the realignment they were my most despised team in the league. That sentiment belongs to Atlanta now though. Still, I think they have like a 50-20 record against us or some ridiculous series lead even though we have won several from them in the past few years. I hope the team realizes there is more to this game for some of us than getting the 8th win. To some it is getting the 8th win with an exclamation point. I hope we trounce them. The "Dome Denizens" can go a long way towards helping that happen.

Do it all over again. Just like San Fran just like Atlanta

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom