Quick..Without looking it up, name our Offensive Coordinator... (1 Viewer)

Carmicheal is the OC he helps Payton put together the gameplan and works with the QBs. As mentioned before he almost never leaves Paytons side on the sideline. However, Payton is the play caller. I'm sure he discusses some things mwith Pete, but Payton has the final say.

He's had a good relationship with Drew as the quarterbacks coach since Payton has been here, and that's why the promoted him in the offseason.

Actually his relationship with Drew started much earlier than 2006...

from this year's media guide:

With the Chargers (from 2002-2005), he assisted wide receivers coach James Lofton for an offense that ranked 10th in the NFL in 2004 and 2005. Carmichael joined the Chargers in 2002 and served as offensive assistant/quality control until being promoted.

Good job, Neal. I was just coming here to post that Pete's been with Drew for a long time. Whenever you see Drew studying the shots of the defense on the sidelines, Pete's the guy sitting next to him. They are always "putting their heads together" over those pics. Don't underestimate his contribution to this offense. :9:

Sean Brees Or Drew Payton. I think He's one of those new Hybrid Co-ordinators :)

They showed him on tv yesterday and I said 'the Saints have an offensive coordinator?'

I really think it is the janitor.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom