Saints Quiet Storm getting some serious love from TPS (1 Viewer)

If Colston had the career he did except in a silver helmet with a blue star not only would he have made the Pro Bowl every year we’d be talking about him making the NFL HoF not just the team’s HoF. He arguably is the most underrated player in the history of the NFL. I’m just glad someone outside of Saints noticed.

Colston would have a statue in front of NFL headquarters if he had a star on his helmet.

You are making the common mistake of saying "player x shouldn't have gotten in this year so Colston should've gotten in." You aren't looking at the other players that didn't get in those years that had better seasons than Colston.

2012 Colston was 13th among WRs in catches, 13th in yards, and tied with four other receivers for 6th in TDs.
2011 Coston was tied for 8th (with Fitzgerald) among WRs in catches, 12th in yards, and tied with 10 other receivers for 12th in TDs.

You need to look at the breakdown by conference.

I deliberately did not compare him to any AFC players.

He didn't need to be top ten in the entire league. Just top 4 in the conference.

geez. why on earth do you guys care about the pro bowl so much? It means nothing. Most voters are clueless.

There was a three minute explanation as to why it matters. It absolutely means something to the players financially and historically.

All those accumulated stats tend to carry more weight when the term Pro Bowler is attached to it. Yes, fans have ruined the voting, but that doesn’t mean those players don’t feel offended when they’ve been overlooked after having excellent seasons.

It’s human nature to want to be recognized for the work you’ve put in. Not to mention that this particular recognition can carry with it 100’s of thousands of dollars. It matters.

Last edited:
You need to look at the breakdown by conference.

I deliberately did not compare him to any AFC players.

He didn't need to be top ten in the entire league. Just top 4 in the conference.

I already know it doesn’t change things but fine.

2011 NFC WRs:

Tied for 5th in receptions with Fitz, 8th in yards, tied with 4 others for 8th in TDs

2012 NFC WRs:

7th in receptions, 8th in yards, tied with two others for 4th in TDs

Saints fans recognize Colston's greatness.... that's all that matters to me. I couldn't give less of a damn what the rest of NFL fans and media think of him as a player.

Forget the HOF, Pro Bowls... all that nonsense. Colston won a Super Bowl ring as the #1 receiver in the franchise. I guarantee Michael Thomas would trade all his solo accomplishments for that feat. So many great champless wide receivers would... Terrell Owens, Randy Moss, Steve Smith Sr., Andre Reed, Cris Carter, Tim Brown, etc. These guys will never be able to call themselves a Super Bowl Champion. Marques Colston can, and we all know just how important he was for the Saints to win their only Super Bowl championship in franchise history. As the Metallica song goes... nothing else matters.

I already know it doesn’t change things but fine.

2011 NFC WRs:

Tied for 5th in receptions with Fitz, 8th in yards, tied with 4 others for 8th in TDs

2012 NFC WRs:

7th in receptions, 8th in yards, tied with two others for 4th in TDs

I see you missed 2007, 2nd in receptions, tied for 3rd in yards, 4th in TDs, 2nd in catch% amongst NFC WR with 100+ targets.

I see you missed 2007, 2nd in receptions, tied for 3rd in yards, 4th in TDs, 2nd in catch% amongst NFC WR with 100+ targets.

Nope. See my original post to you. I said he deserved one pro bowl. That year.

I think it's just one year if you put the numbers up against other receivers in the league. Year 2 his 98 catch season.

And my second post to you after you bring up 2007.

That's the year I was talking about. His second season 2007. It's the only year you can make a case for though.

Last edited:
Their was a three minute explanation as to why it matters. It absolutely means something to the players financially and historically.

All those accumulated stats tend to carry more weight when the term Pro Bowler is attached to it. Yes, fans have ruined the voting, but that doesn’t mean those players don’t feel offended when they’ve been overlooked after having excellent seasons.

It’s human nature to want to be recognize for the work you’ve put in. Not to mention that this particular recognition can carry with it 100’s of thousands of dollars. It matters.

I meant it means nothing to the ppl arguing it. Why get worked up over it

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom