Quit blaming Brees (1 Viewer)

A couple "fans" on FB have said he needs to retire. I see this way too often from our fanbase. As soon as the man plays below average for 4 quarters it doesnt seem to matter how many categories he leads the league in. There is no loyalty in sports even if a player still plays at hof level 95% of the time. It saddens me more than the loss.

A couple "fans" on FB have said he needs to retire. I see this way too often from our fanbase. As soon as the man plays below average for 4 quarters it doesnt seem to matter how many categories he leads the league in. There is no loyalty in sports even if a player still plays at hof level 95% of the time. It saddens me more than the loss.
Those are what we term "window licking morons" in the industry.

Dude, I love Brees, but 3 interceptions is not average. You are spoiled to the point that you can't take off the goggles and see the truth. Brees had a bad to LESS-than-average day. 3 picks is not a good day and it's not an average day for a qb.

Tom brady would have had 5 ints against that defense today. Dont be silly.
The way the oline and wrs played its amazing he was able to get a pass off.

The way we lost to Denver (being in a good position record wise) was a bad omen too. We were in a position to be able to afford to lose this game to the Lions.

It's not just the 0-3 start, it's the games that are lost in the most uniquely unconscionable ways that leave us no room for error.

I agree. But you have to take it a step further. When you're constantly making excuses for having more losses than wins, it's not just bad luck or a few breaks or a couple bad performances ... it's obviously more than that. This organization has just slipped into mediocrity over the last 5 years. Having winning teams isn't expected at the top anymore. No one is held accountable. It's a country club ... like Greenbrier.

Tom brady would have had 5 ints against that defense today. Dont be silly.
The way the oline and wrs played its amazing he was able to get a pass off.

Then I would say that Brady had a BAD DAY. I wouldn't try to pretend that he didn't when he threw 5 picks.

Then I would say that Brady had a BAD DAY. I wouldn't try to pretend that he didn't when he threw 5 picks.

My.point is that today it was Impossible for brees to play well. There was literally no chance. Fine he played badly but the team gave him no chance to play well!!!

This game to me just served to solidify in my mind we need to draft a legit EDGE guy, O Line depth, LB and CB.
Brees is fine. Yes, he looked terrible today, but there was a reason and it's very little protection.

How many sacks would another qb had given up today? And if anyone holds the 3rd "hail mary" INT against him then thats just hilarious.

Thats the thing. If a defense makes Drew look bad then it would have made other qbs look abysmal.
I mean literally put any other qb in the position of Brees today and tell me they would have succeeded. Dak? Dont make me laugh.

Brees will go down as the best player in Saints history. What will happen is that 10-15 years from now, people will talk about the Super Bowls missed due to lack of a good defense. Just like how better the Saints would have been if the Dome Patrol had an offense, so that talk will be with Brees.

There isnt a quarterback IN THE LEAGUE who could win the way the Saints played today. Not one. Period.
Agree. For starters we can't keep expecting Brees to win every game for us. It's hard to win when you are beaten down on both lines of scrimmage. Detroit secondary had outstanding coverage, and beat our O line down and got pressure constantly. D line was beaten down, didn't get much pressure on stafford, and our secondary was terrible. This loss is a total TEAM loss. Brees didn't play great, but he was not THE reason we lost.

Brees will go down as the best player in Saints history. What will happen is that 10-15 years from now, people will talk about the Super Bowls missed due to lack of a good defense. Just like how better the Saints would have been if the Dome Patrol had an offense, so that talk will be with Brees.
It's inevitable.

11 years of Brees and one Super Bowl and one other deep playoff run. Two out of 11 seasons. What will that end up as? 2 out of 14 seasons?

The legacy conversation of the future will be "how did we so so little with so much?"

Just failed to get enough contribution from Defense, ST and running game as well.

He didnt have time to throw, and when he did everone was covered. Oline needs to man up and wrs need to get separation or Brees will end up like Rodgers.

He took too much time on most plays. Had plenty. Wasn't running for his life all day. I saw MULTIPLE times where he had receivers wide open and looked at them and didn't pass to them until they were covered.

Poor decision making. A poor overall performance. Can't wait for next week. Who dat. Love you Brees.

He was really really bad today. He brought nothing today. It's not a crime to admit that. It happens. Sad that it happened when we really needed a win but it happened.

His passes were off the mark. Underthrows aplenty and just plain bad overall. Our defense was gassed because the offense couldn't sustain drives.

It also doesn't help when your O-Line gets manhandled all day.

nah, lots of poor decisions, but its more fun screaming at Fleener and his textbook definition stone hands, god dang how can a guy drop so many catchable and uncontested balls??!?!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom