Quit reveling in your misery (1 Viewer)

This is the quickest I've ever gotten over a loss in the last few years. I saw encouraging things today. Our young corners made a huge jump from game one to game two.

Agree 100% this forum is flooded with those type of threads you can't even root for your team on SR.com

Not trying to pile on, but we need to get our stuff together QUICK!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">0-2 Starts in the Payton / Brees Era<br>...and how the Saints finished in those years.<br><br>2007 / 7-9<br>2012 / 7-9<br>2014 / 7-9<br>2015 / 7-9<br>2016 / ??</p>&mdash; Doug Mouton (@DMoutonWWL) <a href="https://twitter.com/DMoutonWWL/status/777608093144387584">September 18, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

What is wrong with being a fan and being upset when you see your team make mistakes that cost games for the third season in a row? What are you expecting us to do? You only want the positives posted here?

OK. At least not everyone was hurt today. Yay team!

tumblr_ll0p8iOZYU1qixleeo1_500.gif

If we're being completely honest. this team has developed a losing mentality. .

see, this is the issue - people's need to push this into some pop psychology realm
you might as well be saying that one team has magic and one team doesn't, or god likes the raiders and giants more than the saints

you're not providing insight
you're not "telling it like it is"
you're watching a game with sad, bitter goggles and then typing through tears your sad, bitter whinings
it's just gross
did we lose? sure
is that fun? no
does you sharing your misery help anyone in anyway?
most certainly not

we are down to our 4th-8th CBs
a patchwork OLine kept a strong DLine at bay (for the 2nd week)

you have no clue what happened with Spiller so enough with that

Fleener is really the only one out there whose presence is a complete headscratcher

but really the incessant whining for it's own sake and inability to find any positivity from the game is VERY unhealthy

The biggest shock to me is how ANYONE can red thumb you . Those people are bringing this forum to the level of the Falcons and Panthers boards SMH

GMR has been having an ongoing seizure on the EE for years. For him to tell anyone to calm down is crazy. Guido, STEP AWAY FROM THE KEYBOARD.

:hihi:

you're not providing insight
you're not "telling it like it is"
you're watching a game with sad, bitter goggles and then typing through tears your sad, bitter whinings
it's just gross
did we lose? sure
is that fun? no
does you sharing your misery help anyone in anyway?
most certainly not

we are down to our 4th-8th CBs
a patchwork OLine kept a strong DLine at bay (for the 2nd week)

you have no clue what happened with Spiller so enough with that

Fleener is really the only one out there whose presence is a complete headscratcher

but really the incessant whining for it's own sake and inability to find any positivity from the game is VERY unhealthy
Patchwork?

This is the OL envisioned save that Lelito and Kelemete didn't do that well so that had to add Evans. This isn't patchwork this is what the staff banked on playing with, except none of the UDFA's panned out.

You could excuse Fleener taking some time to gel but not forcing the ball to him at the expense of the overall offense. Move on and stop forcing it until he gets it.

At the same time Fleener is dropping the ball you are calling lame plays in general.

The TO mismanagement happens so repeatedly you have to question.

Then there is the mystery of leaning on Brandon Coleman with the game on the line.

We have no margin for error and a half dozen poor coaching decisions hurt us every week over and over for the last three years. Of course that opens up questions about why this keeps happening and why we are stuck in this vortex and can't escape.

There's more here than talent or refs or unlucky bounce of the ball, it's decision making stuck in a rut and who knows when that will change when we are still seeing head scratchers like Fleener, Cadet, Lutz, Spiller being cut, playing Coleman with the game in the balance, being reckless with time outs....

That's an awful lot to overcome and if we are still seeing this then how do we get better?

see, this is the issue - people's need to push this into some pop psychology realm
you might as well be saying that one team has magic and one team doesn't, or god likes the raiders and giants more than the saints

Have you ever actually played sports? There is a psyche and a swagger that comes with winning. You honestly BELIEVE down to your core that you are going to pull out the win, no matter what happens! It affects concentration and ability to make plays in crunch time, which we don't do anymore.

When you're losing, you get that "oh man, here we go again" feeling, and it totally messes with your mind. It messes with your game. It's hard to control because its in your gut, and you can see it when you watch this team. Sure, we can change the culture, but we have to start winning some of these close games that we have been so amazingly fantastic at losing over the past few years.

I've been on winning teams and losing teams, and that is a real thing man. You can pretend that it isn't if you want to. Ignorance is bliss I guess :idunno:

I actually do feel positive about team than at any point last year. The D has played quality D for about 7 of 8 quarters. The offense looks as diversified as ever and the oline is better than expected. Injuries may slow development but I do believe this team will surprise.

Spoiled people rarely do. And I'm not directly calling you spoiled, just pointing out that it is an impossible self evaluation for people to make.
Trust me, I'm far from spoiled. I'm also not into feel good losses and can't be talked into it. I know we have players that performed well, and that's ALWAYS nice to see, but tired of losing seasons. I've been a fan since 1987, and I know better than to let 2 great seasons spoil me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom