Quote by Coach Mora Sr. "Saints ain't going to win a championship with either one of these guys at QB." (1 Viewer)

You quoted me and replied…. I dont get how you say you reply had nothing to do with what i said.
My reply did have sumthin to do with the comment of urs that I replied to, but I said nuthin bout Jim Mora

I see ur a confused individual. We're not gonna get anywhere here. Reply if u like but don't expect another response from me

My reply did have sumthin to do with the comment of urs that I replied to, but I said nuthin bout Jim Mora

I see ur a confused individual. We're not gonna get anywhere here. Reply if u like but don't expect another response from me
“Yours”
“nothing”
” You’re”
“You”

Mora’s right, but not in the context that he’s implying about we can’t win a championship unless we’re depending on a great QB. We have a defense playing at an all time shutdown level right now and will be the reason we go deep in the playoffs. All we need is Winston to make plays when he needs to at the beginning of games and put the team in a position to win. We have a kind of defense that allows us to not have to rely on the QB. As long as there’s smart decisions, ball control, and no turnovers from the QB, plus a great running game and an elite defense, we have a winning formula to win a championship.

Better watch out. I've seen people say Hebert is the best Saints QB not named Brees. I wish I was joking.
Again, Hebert is much better than you give him credit. Before you go off ranting about Brooks or the number one defense, yada, yada , the same defense minus Hebert finished 8-8 and backed into the playoffs in 1990. That same defense allowed Anthony Carter and Michael Haynes to run wild two of those post season appearances. I’ve seen people say that Brooks is the second best QB not named Brees. I wish I was joking

People are naturally going to get all offended, but think about it:. With one of the best QBs to ever play the position, we won 1 Super Bowl in 15 years.

Neither of these guys are going to be with the team for 15 years, so (a) they are automatically going to have less chances than Drew to win a Super Bowl as a member of the Saints.......(b) neither guy is Drew.....and (c) winning a championship simply isn't easy.

I would say Jim Mora is just playing the odds more than anything with his statement. It's nothing to be angry at him over, and I'm sure someone will let him hear about it if he turns out to be wrong.

People are naturally going to get all offended, but think about it:. With one of the best QBs to ever play the position, we won 1 Super Bowl in 15 years.

Neither of these guys are going to be with the team for 15 years, so (a) they are automatically going to have less chances than Drew to win a Super Bowl as a member of the Saints.......(b) neither guy is Drew.....and (c) winning a championship simply isn't easy.

I would say Jim Mora is just playing the odds more than anything with his statement. It's nothing to be angry at him over, and I'm sure someone will let him hear about it if he turns out to be wrong.
I would tell you this if we continue to rank 31st in offense and passing we won't win many more games. People will stack the box and force Jameis to throw the ball.

I would tell you this if we continue to rank 31st in offense and passing we won't win many more games. People will stack the box and force Jameis to throw the ball.

I will take 2-1 and 31st in passing (with the understanding that the Saints are still finding an offensive identity without one of the best receivers in the league and there is still a higher ceiling that can possibly be reached) over 0-3/0-4 starts accompanied by a much higher ranking in the passing category...... which we saw on multiple occasions in the 2010s.

What you say is true, of course. But I'm not mad at Mora, Sr.; I'm amused. Dude couldn't figure out how to win a single playoff game in his coaching tenure, despite having one of the NFL's best defenses in history. But now he knows what it takes to win a SB? Sorry, but I find that amusing.

And I'm a Mora fan. Best coach the Saints ever had.....before CSP came to town. So mad respect to him for taking a "laughingstock of the league" team and turning them into a defensive juggernaut that no one wanted to play. But spare me the QB commentary on winning SBs, when he was 0-fer playoffs his entire NFL career. He's entitled to his opinion, but has no credibility.

If he wants to talk about suffocating championship-caliber defense, I'm all ears....grab a seat and take notes! But talking about SB-caliber QBs? Puhleez....HE needs to sit down and grab a seat.

You are right. My thinking too. People get so angry over an opinion that most analysts are thinking the same thing. I will not say never, but the possibility is pretty slim. But time will tell.

I like coach mora, but man did he leave himself open for a snarky rejoinder

The Saints won how many championships with coach Mora????????????

OH YEAH, ZERO CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!!! And if I remember correctly, he didn't have that many more playoff victories. PLAYOFFS!!! DID SOMEONE MENTION PLAYOFFS!!!!!!
YEAH, HE KNOWS HIS STUFF.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom