Quote by Coach Mora Sr. "Saints ain't going to win a championship with either one of these guys at QB." (1 Viewer)

That has to be the most circumstantial reply that could have been made.

I guess I should say he threw for 30 plus tds while knowing all this occurred the same year he threw 30 ints.
Just say'n! Some of y'all are acting like he's incapable of putting up astronomical numbers when there's actual evidence that he can. What I'm seeing from him is him struggling to break lifelong habits. Winston has been able to succeed on the field because of his physical talents alone ever since he put on a helmet and in the NFL that ain't gonna cut it, he has to re learn how to play the game and that won't happen overnight.

This is not the same team as the one we’re accustomed to. This is a ball control offense that relies on the defense. Guess what? It’s working so far. They don’t have to throw 40+ times a game any more to win. Hallelujah. So what if Winston doesn’t throw for 500 yards every week? This defense is legit and is making big plays. I’m excited to see where it’s going.

Gees. Some of you may not be fans of Mora. But so far from these past 3 weeks and seeing other teams, can you honestly disagree with Mora on this one? Super Bowl do require some luck and being hot at the right time. Right now too much to overcome.

If the 2015 Denver defense can carry Peyton to the Superbowl.

Be patient.
An aging HoF QB relying on a top 5 defensive unit to help win games? Wasn't that the Saints last season?

However, I'll give you the defense is the star of the 2021 season. Offense has a way to go before its close to the efficient machines run by the semi-retired Manning and Brees.

Let see if we start hitting our stride in the next couple of weeks.

I agree. I'm sure Sean has Jameis bottled up to keep him from making Jameis type plays. That also limits his ability to throw for more yards.
We all know what Taysom is...a one read, running QB/RB/TE/ST player.

Our D has been simply outstanding. We will need to lean on them the entire year.
I pull for Jameis and would Taysom too, but have always wanted us to draft a franchise QB after the season. Hopefully one is available and we are able to snag him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom