Quote by Coach Mora Sr. "Saints ain't going to win a championship with either one of these guys at QB." (1 Viewer)

Title states mora does believe Saints can win championship. I stated winston has not proved he can yet. Your response was mora has not won a playoff game, he has no merit.

Nor have you so your opinion would be just as irrelevant using your theory.
Yeah u have me mistaken for someone else bud

Coming from the worst on the field head coaches in history who was incapable of fielding a decent offensive coaching staff and failed to win a single playoff game with one of the best D's in the history of the game?

Meaningless.....

Coming from the worst on the field head coaches in history who was incapable of fielding a decent offensive coaching staff and failed to win a single playoff game with one of the best D's in the history of the game?

Meaningless.....

Exactly. Let's see, Payton picked Winston as his best option to lead the team at QB. Payton is considered an offensive genius. Mora is known for squandering one of the best defenses in history, blowing games by immediately resorting to prevent defense and a 3 and out run offense with the slightest lead.

Mora giving his opinion on offensive strategy to Payton is like Bobby Hebert telling Tom Brady how to get to a Super bowl.

No one should automatically assume that any of our QBs could win a championship any more than assuming that they could not do so. There's absolutely no way of knowing what their capabilities are, nor do we know how the team around them can/will handle the opportunities ahead of them.

Since Coach Mora decided to stick his neck out with such a statement one can only assume that he personally has seen enough to make his own assessment of their quarterbacking skills/qualities. Personally I think he has jumped the gun a bit with his evaluation. But he has certainly seen more wannabes at the position than any of us will. He also may be basing his thoughts by comparing what he has seen with guys like Brady, Mahomes, Brees, and especially Manning who he coached for 4 years in Indy. Jim may be wrong or he may be right, but he has the right to make his opinion public just as much as any of us here often do.

And he'll look like the fool if he is wrong in his assessment. Hopefully he IS wrong. But we just have to wait & see how things turn out.

And he'll look like the fool if he is wrong in his assessment. Hopefully he IS wrong. But we just have to wait & see how things turn out.

It certainly wouldn't be the first time. But you don't know and you'll never know (and....guess what..... he didn't know either).....

So lets discredit all people who have never won playoff games and their input.

We can start with you
As usual, you come out with BS attacking a person who points out the fallacy of statements like Mora’s that you happen to agree with. That crap is petty, bro. Stop with the childish crap and act like an adult. Mora says Payton can’t win a championship with these two QBs, and he’s 2-1 so far on the season. Mora should look in the mirror before opening his mouth.

An aging HoF QB relying on a top 5 defensive unit to help win games? Wasn't that the Saints last season?

However, I'll give you the defense is the star of the 2021 season. Offense has a way to go before its close to the efficient machines run by the semi-retired Manning and Brees.

Let see if we start hitting our stride in the next couple of weeks.
There was nothing about that 2015 Manning led offense that was really efficient. I mean he threw 9 touchdowns and 15 picks. He was one of the worst QBs to ever have won a super bowl THAT SEASON.

Now, his first three seasons in Denver, especially his second season, he was extraordinary

As usual, you come out with BS attacking a person who points out the fallacy of statements like Mora’s that you happen to agree with. That crap is petty, bro. Stop with the childish crap and act like an adult. Mora says Payton can’t win a championship with these two QBs, and he’s 2-1 so far on the season. Mora should look in the mirror before opening his mouth.
All i said was winston has not show he can win a championship in the nfl YET.

Thats not childish

On the other hand, if everyone on this board has the same number of playoff wins as Mora, then we're all equally as qualified to discuss it as he is.
I agree. The person i responded to said mora has no cred since he hasnt won a playoff game. Hence my response

There was nothing about that 2015 Manning led offense that was really efficient. I mean he threw 9 touchdowns and 15 picks. He was one of the worst QBs to ever have won a super bowl THAT SEASON.

Now, his first three seasons in Denver, especially his second season, he was extraordinary
I just reread that; nothing was super efficient about QB play on that Broncos team. Either Peyton or Brock; it was painful to watch...
That's why I laugh when Broncos fan talk about what they need at QB. Not one of their SBs came at a QBs prime..lol

All i said was winston has not show he can win a championship in the nfl YET.

Thats not childish
No. You attacked me for commenting about Mora’s failing to win even a playoff game with his QBs when he’s commenting on Payton and his current QBs. But it’s all good. Moving on.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom