Quote from Danny Clark about the new Cowboys Stadium (1 Viewer)

RobG

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Having visited the palace Sunday, New York Giants linebacker Danny Clark came away less than overly impressed with Jerry Jones' new $1.1-billion Cowboys Stadium.

Clark told Sirius XM satellite radio that the visiting locker room inside the stadium features few creature comforts.

"There's not a lot of hot water in there," Clark said. "[Jones] cut some corners in the bathroom there."

Clark also was dismissive of the noise factor created by an NFL-record crowd of 105,121.

"It wasn't as loud as you would think 105,000 people would be," he said. "And for [good] reason. I mean, we did a decent job of making some plays so they weren't all over the place, but I played in Michigan [Stadium] where there's 100,000 people. It wasn't crazy.

"I played in New Orleans when we reopened the [Super]Dome in 2006 after Hurricane Katrina.

"That place was twice as loud as this new stadium."

Great quote about how loud the Dome is compared to the Cowgirls palace!!!

I'm not sure we can ever recreate the emotion from that game ever again though....Well, maybe a Superbowl!

I'm not sure we can ever recreate the emotion from that game ever again though....Well, maybe a Superbowl!

Emotion, no. Noise? The Playoff game against the Eagles later that year was considerably louder overall.

Shout out to Michigan's Stadium...not even the Pro's can duplicate what we have going in Ann Arbor...GO BLUE!!

Danny Clark is one player I wished we'd have held on to. Even if just as a reserve.

Danny Clark had a huge upside as a young player IMO. I can't help but wonder if we would've kept him had Gregg Williams been here.

My theory is that the only people that can afford to get into the new Colosseum are old crusty men who would rather talk about the Landry days then actually yell on third down.

That game was magical. Only winning the NFC championship game in the Dome by beating the Falcons or Cowboys might we hear a roar like that again. The blocked punt (I've got chills going down my spine right now) is probably the singular most significant play in Saints sports history due to the circumstances.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom