Quote of the Week (1 Viewer)

You mean phrase of the week? Or definition of the week?

We really are. Seriously and I LOVE it. Talk about EVERRRRRRRRYBODY else but the defending world champion Saints who are only one game out of first place.

I am also tired of hearing that "the Saints were lucky last year too".

There is no question that Atlanta has been unusually lucky. Things have gone their way far more than they statistically should. However, good teams capitolize on lucky breaks.

Bad teams simply don't go 9-2. I can argue that they should be no greater than 7-4 with all of the bad calls but the bottom line is that they have the team it takes to win the games and they are winning them.

We were NOT lucky last year, what we were was head and shoulders better than EVERYBODY else. The ONLY reason games were close last year was due to injuries. You can say that the Darren Sharper pick 6 in Miami and the Redskins missing the game-icing field goal were lucky and I am not gonna argue that but you are talking about 2 plays over 6 games.

Finally our average margin of victory last year was something like 14 points. You don't average a double-digit margin of victory by being lucky. Ridiculous.

Saints-45 27-Lions........... +18
Saints-48 22-Eagles..........+26
Saints-27 7-Bills...............+20
Saints-24 10-Jets.............+14
Saints-48 27-Giants..........+21
Saints -46 34-Dolphins......+12 (could have been 14-15 with a failed 2pt conversion and a missed xp)
Saints-35 27-Falcons........+8
Saints -30 20-Panthers.....+10
Saints-28 23-Rams...........+5
Saints-38 7-Bucs.............+31
Saints-38 17-Patriots.......+21
Saints-33 30-Redskins.......+3
Saints-26 23-Falcons........+3
PLAYOFFS
Avg margin of victory in the regular season 14.38

Divisional
Saints-45 14 Cardinals...............+31

NFCCG
Saints-31 28-Vikings..................+3

SUPERBOWL
Saints-31 17-Colts...................+14

Avg margin of victory in playoffs +16

So when the level of competition went up (in the playoffs) so did our avg margin of victory. We were a great team last year.

I am also tired of hearing that "the Saints were lucky last year too".

There is no question that Atlanta has been unusually lucky. Things have gone their way far more than they statistically should. However, good teams capitolize on lucky breaks.

Bad teams simply don't go 9-2. I can argue that they should be no greater than 7-4 with all of the bad calls but the bottom line is that they have the team it takes to win the games and they are winning them.

We were NOT lucky last year, what we were was head and shoulders better than EVERYBODY else. The ONLY reason games were close last year was due to injuries. You can say that the Darren Sharper pick 6 in Miami and the Redskins missing the game-icing field goal were lucky and I am not gonna argue that but you are talking about 2 plays over 6 games.

Finally our average margin of victory last year was something like 14 points. You don't average a double-digit margin of victory by being lucky. Ridiculous.

Saints-45 27-Lions........... +18
Saints-48 22-Eagles..........+26
Saints-27 7-Bills...............+20
Saints-24 10-Jets.............+14
Saints-48 27-Giants..........+21
Saints -46 34-Dolphins......+12 (could have been 14-15 with a failed 2pt conversion and a missed xp)
Saints-35 27-Falcons........+8
Saints -30 20-Panthers.....+10
Saints-28 23-Rams...........+5
Saints-38 7-Bucs.............+31
Saints-38 17-Patriots.......+21
Saints-33 30-Redskins.......+3
Saints-26 23-Falcons........+3
PLAYOFFS
Avg margin of victory in the regular season 14.38

Divisional
Saints-45 14 Cardinals...............+31

NFCCG
Saints-31 28-Vikings..................+3

SUPERBOWL
Saints-31 17-Colts...................+14

Avg margin of victory in playoffs +16

So when the level of competition went up (in the playoffs) so did our avg margin of victory. We were a great team last year.

Okay, so we were really really lucky. :hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom