Quotes from Los Angeles Rams head coach Sean McVay's conference call - October 31, 2018 (1 Viewer)

• Admin
NewOrleansSaints.com

Los Angeles Rams Head Coach Sean McVay - Conference Call with New Orleans Media - Wednesday, October 31, 2018

What is it about the Saints offense that has allowed them to stay on the cutting edge and never get stale?

“It starts with the head coach and the quarterback. Coach Payton has been one of the great play-callers in this league and arguably of all-time. His ability to keep defenses on their heels with personnel groupings, ability to attack through the run and the pass, being great situationally on third down and in the red zone and obviously Drew’s (Brees) command. Those two are so connected. They are on the same page. I think there’s great players around them. You can just see this is one of the offensive systems since I’ve been in coaching, which hasn’t been long, that I’ve always loved studying. I take things from them all of the time because of their ability to attack people in a variety of ways. But they have specific players that fit, those kinds of movable pieces with the backs like (Alvin) Kamara that line up all over the formation. I think Taysom Hill has added a different element and flair to the offense that makes it very difficult to defend. Michael Thomas is one of the best receivers in this league that people don’t talk enough about. Ben Watson is still doing his thing and having Mark Ingram back has really allowed them to add another layer to what already is a nightmare to defend. I just think it’s the consistency and ability to beat you both in the run and the pass.

Full Story - NewOrleansSaints.com

Dan

Dan

Admin

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom