Quotes from Sean Payton's conference call - January 7, 2019 (1 Viewer)

• Admin
NewOrleansSaints.com

New Orleans Saints Head Coach Sean Payton - Conference Call with New Orleans Media - Monday, January 7, 2019

What stands out about this run that the Eagles are on right now?
“I think there's a handful of things. Situationally, they're playing well. They're playing well in the red zone, defensively and offensively. I think they're obviously a different team than we faced earlier in the year. A different quarterback is playing right now. I think there is a confidence you see. The one on the road was a big one for them in L.A. You just go through the games and you go through the win streak and you have Houston next, at Washington, at Chicago. They've kind of been in a playoff role really going back to those games needing to win to get in. So it's impressive.”

You've seen Nick Foles earlier in his career and now later. Do you sense an evolution with him and his play and his maturity?
“Absolutely. I think he has done a great job within the framework of what they're doing. They have very good weapons outside, a lot of different targets, (among) the tight ends (and) the receivers. There is a confidence level he has in operating in rhythm spreading the ball around. I think he does a great job of beating pressure with a throw. Yesterday you saw him a handful of times with a free rusher coming in his face make some throws outside the numbers that were real impressive. I think he's one of those players that's playing with great rhythm and there's a calmness obviously when you watch him play that we all see.” ...

Full Story - NewOrleansSaints.com

Andrus Whitewing

Andrus Whitewing

Admin

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom