Quotes from Sean Payton's conference call - November 25, 2018 (1 Viewer)

• Admin
deshaizer.png

John DeShazier | Senior Writer - NewOrleansSaints.com

New Orleans Saints Head Coach Sean Payton - Conference Call With New Orleans Media - Sunday, November 25, 2018

Why do you think Ezekiel Elliott has been playing so well recently?
“I think he’s a good player. He carries his pads well, has good vision, he’s patient when he runs the football. I think the better question is why didn’t he start as fast as (the level which) he’s playing now. I think their line has played better in the last three weeks. Defensively, they’ve gotten takeaways. Their numbers in the last three weeks are impressive.”

Does Amari Cooper add anything to that Dallas pass offense?
“Absolutely. Number one he’s a real strong target, great route runner, detailed, former first round pick, a heck of a player that I think is going to fit in well to what they’re doing. You saw that last week.”

On the flip side, what has worked so well for your run defense this year that you’ve been able to do that consistently through the season?
“Generally, if you’re playing good run defense it’s all 11, getting everyone to the football. This will be a challenge this week with the way they run the ball and their ability to not only give it to (Ezekiel) Elliott, but their ability with the quarterback and some of the designed runs, so we’ll have to be on point this week. Generally that means everyone’s tackling. It can’t just mean eight or ten and I think that’s been the case.” ...

Full Story - NewOrleansSaints.com

Andrus Whitewing

Andrus Whitewing

Admin

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom