R.E.M singer is out of the closet (1 Viewer)

I realize you're joking around, but as fan I feel compelled to correct this statement.

New Adventures in Hi-Fi was released in 1996 and is a great record. As I recall it's not only a fan favorite but the critics liked it as well.

Coincidently, it's the last record with Bill Berry. The fans recognize that it was the departure of the drummer that sunk the band, not the outing of Stipe.

I stand corrected. The Who and Led Zeppelin can be added to the list.

Bang and Blame is my favorite REM tune and that is off monster. Didn't that come out in '96? It isn't that their music has been bad since their drummer left, it has just been kinda forgettable.

The Dixie Chicks make a negative comment about the President and are shunned out of the music industry. Another musician comes out as gay and sells millions of records. God Bless America!

They weren't shunned by the music industry.

They were shunned by the radio stations who cared about pleasing their demographics.

Perhaps the people who listen to Stipe's music don't care whether or not he's gay. Why should you care? Has he made any passes at you?

They weren't shunned by the music industry.

They were shunned by the radio stations who cared about pleasing their demographics.

Perhaps the people who listen to Stipe's music don't care whether or not he's gay. Why should you care? Has he made any passes at you?

Agree. REM didn't sell records because he was gay.

It isn't really a proper analogy.

(I get that it wasn't really intended to be, but just wanted to point that out).

...as can Spinal Tap.....several times over. :hihi:

Spinal Tap withstood the loss of several drummers, including the ones who exploded onstage. Begley was the first and best.:hihi:

What about David Bowie. I don't know. Seeeems gehy but I'm not sure....might just be a little gehy.....maybe just uh... quadsexual. Since Stipe is admittedly, um what's 6? Septasexual?

Lesse

Unisexual--you just dig the opposite sex

Bi sexual--both sexes

Tri---animals?

quad--plant kingdom?

quint--office furniture?

sept--- donuts?!?

What about David Bowie. I don't know. Seeeems gehy but I'm not sure....might just be a little gehy.....maybe just uh... quadsexual. Since Stipe is admittedly, um what's 6? Septasexual?

Lesse

Unisexual--you just dig the opposite sex

Bi sexual--both sexes

Tri---animals?

quad--plant kingdom?

quint--office furniture?

sept--- donuts?!?

Sept = 7

Sex = 6

Therefore, he's a sexasexual! (appropriate, since he'll have sex with pretty much everything)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom