R.I.P. $4.99 GE multi remote. (1 Viewer)

The new Directv Remotes have to be ordered from Directv. You can't buy'em in the stores. Last time I considered ordering at least two new remotes just so I have a spare. Otherwise, you have no remote for at least three days.

This is a loss i can laugh off, and move on with, we can't lose again next week though, it's an NFC game but more than ever we can't suffer 2 losses with our Division rivals only dancing beneath us.

fyi, we play cincinatti next week in the dome IIRC, they are afc north..

The new Directv Remotes have to be ordered from Directv. You can't buy'em in the stores. Last time I considered ordering at least two new remotes just so I have a spare. Otherwise, you have no remote for at least three days.

the reg RCA universal doesn't work with it anymore???

i bet the logitech/harmony still does with the programming from the web..
but anyway, NO WAY i use a harmony remote while watching a game...
those are 100.00 bucks and up for the one's i'd get.

Just cover a crappy universal remote with velcro and bring it out on game day and have a wall in your house covered in velcro too.

Just cover a crappy universal remote with velcro and bring it out on game day and have a wall in your house covered in velcro too.

maybe the rubber like on the bud commercial.
velcro doesn't exactly cusion.. just grabs

My wife knows when to leave the room. When I get red faces and start balling my fists she very quietly goes into the bedroom or office and sits it out. I'm a remote/hat thrower, but yesterday I did the punch extremely hard objects thing. Todays the hands are cut and bruised, but i'm probable for next week, i'm not sitting it out.

Yea, an ex-buddy of mine got his nose broke yesterday (Steelers fan) and I found a tooth by the door. You can only take so much ribbing. I asked a few others today if I went over board and they all said he deserved it (he was drunk and loud and kept punching me in the arm). In all fairness I gave him 3 to 4 warnings that it was coming.

All in all, probably the best hit of my life and it really felt good at the time. Now I am a little remorseful, but you don't come into someones house and start talking #$%#, drink their beer, piss on their floor, spill chili (repeatedly) on the couch, and start punching your host (especially since you know he is a die hard) and not expect some type of retaliation.

Well 1 more loss for the Saints, -1 friend, +1 ruined couch, +1 ruined rug (blood and spit and chili), +1 ****** girlfriend, -36 to 56 beer, and +1 sore hand. Chalk it up to the Def and W. Parker.

This sounds very, very familiar -

During the Haslett era I spiked a $100+ 5.4 ghz cordless phone. Afterwards it still worked but the buttons stuck and sometimes it would shut off for reason.

3 el cheapo RCA universal remotes. Slammed against the floor following various stupid Saints plays.

One inexpensive Saints T shirt. Following one of Brooks "brain farts" I tried to tear it off "Hulk Hogan" style. Result torn sleeve, cut on neck from the collar that didn't tear.

All this happened in the comfort of my own living room. When I'm at the Dome I'm a completely sane, rational person even when their stinking it up. At home I'm a raving lunatic, who breaks things. I have to be very careful these days. My wife gave me a plasma TV and I bought a very expensive programmable remote to go with it (I hide it in the couch cushions so it's not handy to throw....).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom