R.I.P. (Another FWord member releases this mortal coil) (1 Viewer)

johnnyd

Ikea boy.
Reaction score
Hey all,

Another one of my bandmates has passed away. I am kinda floored right now.
The picture is of my old band FWord (god were we young? 1990). Chris is the guy on the left. He was affectionately known as "The Williams" to us. His articulate drumming style was a big part of our sound.

John C. Williams, drummer and founding member of the Pat McGee Band, died Saturday at his home in <st1><st1:city w:st="on">Williamsburg</st1:city></st1>.<o></o>
Mr. Williams, known publicly as "Chris," died in his sleep. He was 39. Autopsy results are pending.<o></o>
A member of the Richmond-based band since its inception in 1996, Mr. Williams recorded five albums with the band, which found national success with the songs "<st1:street w:st="on"><st1:address w:st="on">Beautiful Ways</st1:address></st1:street>" and "Must Have Been Love" and opened for major acts including Fleetwood Mac and James Taylor.<o></o>
Mr. Williams' family has requested a private memorial service, but there are plans for a public memorial in the future.<o></o>
"We're obviously totally devastated," said McGee, who now lives in <st1:state w:st="on">Rhode Island</st1:state> but is flying to <st1:city w:st="on"><st1>Richmond</st1></st1:city> for the private service.

Attachments

• FWord.jpg
    FWord.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 14
Sorry to hear that johnnyD. Which one of those guys in the picture is you, and what instrument do you play? I am sure that you have told us, but I just can't recall at the moment.

FWord. Great name.

I am 2nd from the left. I played guitar.

I just remembered his Dad died when he was fairly young as well.

40 is really young. I remember when I use to think people who were 40 were old. Amazing how that changes as we hit 40.

I guessed wrong on which was you in the picture. I was thinking you were the guy on the far right.

yeah, I was a skinny bastige then. That picture was about the time I met my wife. Been a weird coupla of days. First Frank, then Chris, these things always seem to come out in 3's. I hate to think who number 3 is.

Let's just hope it stays at 2 this time.

You were a skinny bastige...then again, so was I at that age.

bummer, man. you say "another". have others from the band died?

bummer, man. you say "another". have others from the band died?

Yeah, kind of like the Beatles we considered our producer, Jon Mela, a band member. He died a couple of years ago he was in his mid 40's.

It isn't like we were heavy partiers, well we hit the Stoli (our official drink) a lot but we were never in nasty bathrooms injecting nasty concoctions in our veins or anything.

Last edited:
Dang John...hate to hear it bud. And it sounds like your band was about 10 years ahead of its time.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom