Race for MVP Brees vs Mahomes (1 Viewer)

Mahomes is the shiny new toy.. We have only seen him in 10 games... how great was Vince Young, Tebow or RG3 after 10-16 games? Where are they now?? Talk to me about Mahomes in 2020

Honestly, I would rather have Drew Brees win the MVP of the Superbowl .... the last three MVPs have lost in the Superbowl ... Dont want that ...

If Mahomes loses to any of Chargers, Seahawks, or Raiders, then Brees will win MVP

Last edited:
last time Brees was snubbed of MVP we won the Superbowl, so here's to Mahomes winning

Good point, the year Rodgers set the record, if I recall, Brees threw more TDs...and Rodgers got MVP...of course his team was 15-1 and went on to dominate in the playoffs...2011 I believe.

Not exactly. They went 0-1 losing to the vaunted New York Giants and Maybish-HOFer (according to posters on this website) Eli Manning.

I swear to god if Brees loses because of a reverse 2011 where he loses because he doesn't have enough volume I WILL LOSE IT.

Brees is the sentimental favorite and will win the MVP if the team keeps winning and his numbers don't take a significant fall.

I'm prob way too biased but I feel like you give it to Brees. He's put in the work and is "owed" this. Mahomes looks legit and will most certainly have more chances to get this award.

They should also consider the strength of schedule!
And the Saints definitely got a way harder schedule than KC

But overall it is just a media thing. The talk about it etc is the only thing that matters for the press.

I dont care about MVP. Sure Brees deserves it, but just lets win the freaking SB! WHO DAT!!!

There is no MVP race.

The media who votes on it are so deeply in a slobberfest with Mahomes right now that unless he falls off the planet completely here is no way he won't win it.

I know they vote at the end of regular season, but when do they announce? Isn't it the weekend before the Super Bowl?

I know this goes against our woe is me mentality, but I think Brees wins it if we’re the 1 or 2 seed. The rallies will get loud to get him one since he’s never won one, despite Mahomes season.

This is my line of thinking as well. Mahomes has a long future ahead of him and plenty of time to get an MVP. Drew is having the best season of his career and one of the best ever at the position. This very well may be his last opportunity. I think the sports writers will consider these things before they make a decision.

IF he wins, you know there will be that * attached.
*shame he never won before * lifetime achievement * didn't have the #s * better team/weapons * still too short*

When he retires w/EVERY major QB records(except INTs Mr Favre); there won't have anybody left to kick!
They'll have to invent a new "alternative facts" candidate.(they have started beating the drum for Rivers lately)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom