Radar Detectors (1 Viewer)

They should call speeding tickets speeding "taxes."

Just another government sham to gain revenue from the general public under the auspices of public safety.

They should call speeding tickets speeding "taxes."

Just another government sham to gain revenue from the general public under the auspices of public safety.
I agree they should all be back at the crime lab trying to find out who stole my bicycle instead of sitting on the side of the road with the AC on max.:wallA:

i wrote a guy a ticket tonight for 95 in a 55, but what was funny as he pulled away he tossed his radar detector out the window...
well it also helped that he was a falcons fan.
ding ding ding i got 20 points for him being a falcons fan.....

i wrote a guy a ticket tonight for 95 in a 55, but what was funny as he pulled away he tossed his radar detector out the window...

Did you give him another one for littering? :ezbill:

i pulled him back over up the street approached the auto and said " sir this fell off of you car and i thought you may need it back, have a nice night".

I would have never guessed that you're a police officer. :dunno:

yeah right.
you can turn the sarcasm off now..
hehehe

My last two tickets were received while I was using a radar detector. I came to the conclusion that the detector's main benefit was giving me a few extra seconds notice that I was about to get pulled over.

I trashed the detector and slowed down to within 10 mph of the speed limit. This January will be 12 years without a ticket - although there have been several close calls.

I think the state troopers in the Monroe area use handheld lasers a lot anyway.

I travel a LOT, and I did get a ticket in Olla when I wasn't paying attention to the speed change. It was so stupid though, the speed limit changes from 65, then quickly to 55, then the road opens up into 4 lanes 2 going both ways....and the speed limit drops to 45. I think they clocked me at about 54. I wasn't trying to speed. I just wasn't looking for the signs.

That stupid town is just out there to make money...that is probably the only reason they 4 laned for that mile of town.

Anywho....I have since watched the "reduced speed" signs very carefully,but I do like to go over by at least 5mph, somtimes up to 10 depending.

So i thought of getting one...Are they illigal??

Hahahaha.

I went to high school in Olla. You're absolutely right though, that place is pretty much nothing but a speed trap now. I know the exact spot you're talking about too. The sad thing to me is that, at least in my humble opinion, Olla is only the 3rd worst speed trap on the stretch of Hwy 165 between Monroe and Alexandria. Georgetown has Olla edged out and Ball has to be the worst. Ball has the same 65-to-45-in-less-than-a-half-mile thing that Olla has. Georgetown used to hold the title about 7 or 8 years ago. At one point about that time frame, they actually extended the "city" limits of Georgetown out 7 miles into the country so that the podunk town cops had more jurisdiction in which to write speeding tickets. There must have been some action against it however, as it didn't last very long.

Hahahaha.

I went to high school in Olla. You're absolutely right though, that place is pretty much nothing but a speed trap now. I know the exact spot you're talking about too. The sad thing to me is that, at least in my humble opinion, Olla is only the 3rd worst speed trap on the stretch of Hwy 165 between Monroe and Alexandria. Georgetown has Olla edged out and Ball has to be the worst. Ball has the same 65-to-45-in-less-than-a-half-mile thing that Olla has. Georgetown used to hold the title about 7 or 8 years ago. At one point about that time frame, they actually extended the "city" limits of Georgetown out 7 miles into the country so that the podunk town cops had more jurisdiction in which to write speeding tickets. There must have been some action against it however, as it didn't last very long.

I got a ticket at that very spot in Ball... :cussing:

I got a ticket at that very spot in Ball... :cussing:

I should have gotten one there. I was speeding (albeit moderately) through there several years ago and saw the cop camped out in that spot at the last second, then watched him proceed to turn around to my side of the road, obviously coming after me. I decided to take a "detour" toward Tioga at the last second. I guess he didn't see me make the turn as he was waiting for traffic so he could merge into the southbound lanes. Either really smart or really stupid move by me, depending on how you look at it. :dunno:

i pulled him back over up the street approached the auto and said " sir this fell off of you car and i thought you may need it back, have a nice night".

What kind was it? I've learned that if it doesn't cost over $300 bucks its pretty worthless.

I picked up a cop today from 1.6 miles away on KA band. I didn't know why it was going off it first because nothing was in sight, but then the signal steadily and steadily increased until I came around a curve and saw some poor guy with a State Trooper writing him a ticket.

I must say this has been the best $300 bucks spent in my life. I'll never buy a cheap radar detector again. :)

I should have gotten one there. I was speeding (albeit moderately) through there several years ago and saw the cop camped out in that spot at the last second, then watched him proceed to turn around to my side of the road, obviously coming after me. I decided to take a "detour" toward Tioga at the last second. I guess he didn't see me make the turn as he was waiting for traffic so he could merge into the southbound lanes. Either really smart or really stupid move by me, depending on how you look at it. :dunno:

I did something like that once. I had the option of merging onto the interstate or I could go down the road some more that would led into a town. So I speed up and hopped on the interstate before the cop could turn around and catch me. I'm pretty sure he was coming after me because I was speeding. Good thing the traffic was pretty heavy and he couldn't come after me that fast.

I've known some people that have turned off their lights and drove for a while without them so they wouldn't get a ticket. I fooled around a while back just to see how hard it would be to do it, and I must so that's pretty impossible imo. I couldn't even see the road or anything. Either those guys were lying or they were extremely lucky not to kill themselves.

Man in TX 25mph over, they impound your car.

I remember at Lackland they used to tell us, "do not try to use the radar detector on aircraft landing at Kelly."

I never figured out if somebody did or they were just being proactive.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom